Brahim Diaz - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely this sends out the wrong message for any young players trying there luck with city,if Diaz goes to Madrid and gets game time and also proves a success then that’s sancho and diaz who young lads will see no point in going to city as your just not gonna be given a chance ...

I don’t think every young player we have dreams of breaking into the City team. most will find their experience with City fully academic and a stepping stone to getting into first teams, which would make CFA a prestigious choice for them. I highly doubt parents like Van Persie or the rest who have sent their lads to train with us are hopeful of them one day being a City player.

Diaz slipped through our fingers but I’m certain if he has nostalgic attachments to City he will one day engineer a move back to us once he’s as good if not better than what we currently have. We just have to keep Foden happy who I believe has seamlessly integrated himself with the first team.

Surely this sends out the wrong message for any young players trying there luck with city,if Diaz goes to Madrid and gets game time and also proves a success then that’s sancho and diaz who young lads will see no point in going to city as your just not gonna be given a chance ...

Let's be honest about this for a minute, he is going to do 1 of 2 things either go out on loan or play in the B team. The issue I have with this is we put a lot of effort in the summer to get him to sign and send him to Girona for the season, he refused which now seems counter productive, he could have had a full season in la Liga already.

Let's be honest about this for a minute, he is going to do 1 of 2 things either go out on loan or play in the B team. The issue I have with this is we put a lot of effort in the summer to get him to sign and send him to Girona for the season, he refused which now seems counter productive, he could have had a full season in la Liga already.

Exactly he will do the same with Real except they won’t send him to Girona but Celta Vigo... he’ll be there a year or two then will go back to Real where he will either establish himself as a significant first team player as Carvajal or Asensio or Casemiro PS Asensio and Casemiro are always mentioned here as a testament of Real Madrid’s youth policy even though Asensio joined them at 19 and Casemiro at 21 but ok OR will return from loan and be a squad member making 5 starts a season as Ceballos and Llorente.

Fully understand him leaving but to Real Madrid? Really don’t get it. Makes even less sense when you consider the whole situation. Many say Brahim’s best position is #10 which few teams even use nowadays. He can play winger or attacking midfield apparently. If they see him as a midfielder is he going to replace Modric or Kroos in a couple of seasons? If winger, Real need wingers now meaning they will likely spend a lot of money next summer so Brahim will have to compete with them in a couple of seasons.

If he stayed I don’t know where he would fit even in in the future but to leave to Real is baffling where the situation is pretty much the same as ours.

Real Madrid’s youth policy is no better than ours. They’ve just had more luck as they’ve had a better academy for longer. The only academy products that are starters or first substitutes are Carvajal, Nacho and Vázquez.

He was courtesy by Barcelona net Messi and then we signed him ivertakiov Barca.
Came with reputation has talent and can make it big.
Shame that he is going.
Not sure what Madrid offered him.
1st tram?impossible
B team? Maybe.
Loan?? Will look fooliah if he agrees for loan.

Not at all, two players. Sancho has been incredibly lucky to get the position he has and fair play to him he has taken it, he could very easy be sat on the bench or in the reserves.
Brahim is guaranteed to either be in the B team or go out on loan, Real are dropping further behind in the league and there is no chance they dont spend big in the summer. Real have just picked him up thinking of the 15-20mil they can get in a few years most likely.

I would also say any young player who City are looking at should think, I can go to City and get world class facilities for my teenage years and potentially get in the first team (Foden) or if not, my skills have developed so much in the past few years I can go to Dortmund and Real Madrid.

We are hardly losing our best players to championship teams and mid table clubs.

He was courtesy by Barcelona net Messi and then we signed him ivertakiov Barca.
Came with reputation has talent and can make it big.
Shame that he is going.
Not sure what Madrid offered him.
1st tram?impossible
B team? Maybe.
Loan?? Will look fooliah if he agrees for loan.
You can edit this post if you want or are you trying to post like @Dax777 ? :)

lets get this right from the off this is a very young squad pep has built at manchester city and will take some sort of wonder kid to take a place right now, and i think the media are missing the point about letting the youth leave, sancho and now diaz are good but how can they fit into this young squad both are talented but lack game time because they are not ready and still so so young, how can you stop sterling sane jesus B.silva KDB taking a place and all still have over 5 to 10 at the top level at city, so maybe at 17/18 you may have to leave to get game time and grow, also a lot of people are also missing the point about this sqaud at city and the level its at

arsenal united spurs liverpool both would walk straight into them squads because that is the level them clubs are at, unlike manchester city who won the league by a country mile over the rest and that is the key, the media will never give manchester city any credit for how good we are so everybody thinks the other clubs are on our level and on par with city but the facts and the truth is we are light years better than anything in england

Exactly he will do the same with Real except they won’t send him to Girona but Celta Vigo... he’ll be there a year or two then will go back to Real where he will either establish himself as a significant first team player as Carvajal or Asensio or Casemiro PS Asensio and Casemiro are always mentioned here as a testament of Real Madrid’s youth policy even though Asensio joined them at 19 and Casemiro at 21 but ok OR will return from loan and be a squad member making 5 starts a season as Ceballos and Llorente.

Fully understand him leaving but to Real Madrid? Really don’t get it. Makes even less sense when you consider the whole situation. Many say Brahim’s best position is #10 which few teams even use nowadays. He can play winger or attacking midfield apparently. If they see him as a midfielder is he going to replace Modric or Kroos in a couple of seasons? If winger, Real need wingers now meaning they will likely spend a lot of money next summer so Brahim will have to compete with them in a couple of seasons.

If he stayed I don’t know where he would fit even in in the future but to leave to Real is baffling where the situation is pretty much the same as ours.

Real Madrid’s youth policy is no better than ours. They’ve just had more luck as they’ve had a better academy for longer. The only academy products that are starters or first substitutes are Carvajal, Nacho and Vázquez.

Not to mention the £80 million that real have just spent on the 2 best wingers and teenage talents coming out of Brazil.

If it's true that he has agreed to join Real Madrid already then I don't see him playing with the first team again. Give Matondo or Poveda his minutes in the league cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.