Brahim Diaz - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested: how many points a season are people willing to drop if it meant bringing young talent through?

Genuine question.

Would also ask would people rather win the Premier league or have Foden and Brahim each start say 20 matches?

I'm interested: how many points a season are people willing to drop if it meant bringing young talent through?

Genuine question.
Playing an academy player or two wouldn`t necessarily mean we would drop loads of points. Diaz and Foden are two of the biggest talents in the world in their age group, and playing them from time to time in an almost full strength XI or giving them 20-30 minutes wouldn`t necessarily lead to a massive drop of points

Imo there is no room right now for both Foden and Brahim.

Brahim should move elsewhere if I’m honest. Sell him for cheap in January with buyback and sell on clauses.

Genuine question.
Short term thinking. If the likes of these two aren’t good enough then City will never bring youth through- future kids will be advised to learn their trade elsewhere

Playing an academy player or two wouldn`t necessarily mean we would drop loads of points. Diaz and Foden are two of the biggest talents in the world in their age group, and playing them from time to time in an almost full strength XI or giving them 20-30 minutes wouldn`t necessarily lead to a massive drop of points
Exactly. It wouldn't mean loads of points, but it might mean some. How many is their development worth?

I want him stay and ideally we'd assure him game time to get that signature on a new contract but you have to see both sides:

On one side this kid is going to be a world star some day. He needs to play regularly at a high level at this stage of his development, this is where his career should really start and it hasn't yet, time is ticking on.

On the other those saying we should be willing to drop a few points, will be among the same ones moaning at Pep if we miss out on retaining the title by a few points to Liverpool(ugh please not them). We can't be sure of how many points we'll need at this stage of the season, we wont be sure by January either in all likelihood.

There is no easy answer in this sadly. We could give them loads of a game time, miss out on the title and they make it so feel somewhat justified eventually(come next season) or we could do that and find out they just aren't ready yet/long way to go and it will be seen as a disaster. Is bringing two quality players through worth as much as another title does to us though in the long run? I don't think our owner thinks that, as much as he wants to see it happen. Retaining the title will be massive for the club.

Last edited:
James Robson says Brahim has gave pep his word he wants to stay, hopefully it is true and he is mega talented and got such a bright future

James Robson says Brahim has gave pep his word he wants to stay, hopefully it is true and he is mega talented and got such a bright future

Seems crazy for him to stay to be honest even though I hope he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.