Brahim Diaz (signed for Real)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't train him up as an act of charity. We took him from someone else's academy because we thought he could do something for us rather than us do something for him. It's a two way street. He seems to have enjoyed his time at City and have made some good friends in the first team squad. We didn't give him his skills, he already had them. I'm sure the facilities and training on offer at City has given him the best possible chance of making the most of those skills and i'm usre he's glad to have had that opportunity, but it's ridiculous to suggest his future achievements are all down to us. We've just sold him for £15m so I think both parties have done ok out of the arrangement.
What are you talking about, I’m not be critical of either player or city. And for the record, I’m sure he didnt have the skills when he switched just massive potential that he’s yet to fulfil.

Still kind of surprised how much money were getting for him considering his contract is up and Real was apparently the only club he wanted to go to

Good luck to him - always seemed a nice lad, and seemed to genuinely enjoy his time at City. He never kicked up a fuss or stopped putting the effort in when the move of his dreams became a reality, and I respect him for that.

Unlike some, who will want him to fail as they will feel his future success reflects badly on City, I really hope this move works out for him. It's a shame it didn't take off for him at City, but a combination of a complete lack of opportunity here as we prioritised Foden's development (which was the right decision) and his dream move to Madrid becoming a genuine option mean this is the best outcome for him. We've done very well out of the deal too, considering it should net us £21.5m for a player who never started a Premier League game, has 6 months left on his contract, and who we bought from Malaga's Academy 4 years ago for about £200k.

I hope he makes a success of it at Madrid. I also hope we use the funds raised to address some of the genuine weaknesses in our squad at DM and at left back - let's be honest, we're hardly struggling for attacking midfielders at the moment, are we?

Shame it didn't work out here.
I find comments like this strange, of course it worked out for him here.

He came here as a kid, and he's grown up, learned his trade, been educated by our club, he's now got his dream move to Real Madrid, it has definitely worked out for him here, what it hasn't done is worked out for City, but that is down to the fact we have better players ahead of him.

The very best of luck to him, and I'm glad he's enjoyed being at our club, our fans, and growing up in Manchester.

Quite frankly I am surprised that the Man Utd clause is legal. Whatever happened to freedom of movement and player's rights? If Diaz is stupid enough to want to move to the Swamp in the future, he should not be blocked from so doing as the clause effectively does.
In what way does it block him?

I’m surprised you’re able to log on to the forum if that’s your level of thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.