Brahim Diaz (signed for Real)

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by BlueAnorak, 24 Jun 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qatar blue

qatar blue

What are you talking about, I’m not be critical of either player or city. And for the record, I’m sure he didnt have the skills when he switched just massive potential that he’s yet to fulfil.

2. BigOscar

BigOscar

Still kind of surprised how much money were getting for him considering his contract is up and Real was apparently the only club he wanted to go to

bobom likes this.
  3. Nicholas van Whatsisface

Nicholas van Whatsisface

Good luck to him - always seemed a nice lad, and seemed to genuinely enjoy his time at City. He never kicked up a fuss or stopped putting the effort in when the move of his dreams became a reality, and I respect him for that.

Unlike some, who will want him to fail as they will feel his future success reflects badly on City, I really hope this move works out for him. It's a shame it didn't take off for him at City, but a combination of a complete lack of opportunity here as we prioritised Foden's development (which was the right decision) and his dream move to Madrid becoming a genuine option mean this is the best outcome for him. We've done very well out of the deal too, considering it should net us £21.5m for a player who never started a Premier League game, has 6 months left on his contract, and who we bought from Malaga's Academy 4 years ago for about £200k.

I hope he makes a success of it at Madrid. I also hope we use the funds raised to address some of the genuine weaknesses in our squad at DM and at left back - let's be honest, we're hardly struggling for attacking midfielders at the moment, are we?

GOULDYBOBS, rapidCT and Keeper! like this.
  4. Goater=Legend

Goater=Legend

Good luck to the lad. Hope it all works out well for him

oldius likes this.
  5. cleavers

cleavers

I find comments like this strange, of course it worked out for him here.

He came here as a kid, and he's grown up, learned his trade, been educated by our club, he's now got his dream move to Real Madrid, it has definitely worked out for him here, what it hasn't done is worked out for City, but that is down to the fact we have better players ahead of him.

The very best of luck to him, and I'm glad he's enjoyed being at our club, our fans, and growing up in Manchester.

Barcon, minnesota blue and karen7 like this.
  6. Armchair Supporter

Armchair Supporter

Team supported:
    CTID
    I find these comments strange.

There are 15,300,000 reasons why It did work out for City!

7. cleavers

cleavers

I meant in the footballing case, and you omitted the important part of the sentence I wrote, as to why.

8. SWP's back

SWP's back

In what way does it block him?

I’m surprised you’re able to log on to the forum if that’s your level of thinking.

Centurions likes this.
  9. Armchair Supporter

Armchair Supporter

Team supported:
    CTID
    I think you've missed the point of us having an academy.. .

10. SWP's back

SWP's back

To earn money for the club and help us pass FFP whilst adding a player or two to the first team every year or so.

It’s doing its job magnificently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.