Brahim Diaz (signed for Real)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The clause seems to be a bit of a PR stunt to me - a decent way of making the fans less pissed off about losing a promising young player
The clause doesnt prevent any movement of the player to join the scum if he wants, just means Real will pay us a large chunk of the transfer fee.

Quite frankly I am surprised that the Man Utd clause is legal. Whatever happened to freedom of movement and player's rights? If Diaz is stupid enough to want to move to the Swamp in the future, he should not be blocked from so doing as the clause effectively does.

It’s not blocking movement - just makes sure we get paid for all the work we did in his formative years.

Quite frankly I am surprised that the Man Utd clause is legal. Whatever happened to freedom of movement and player's rights? If Diaz is stupid enough to want to move to the Swamp in the future, he should not be blocked from so doing as the clause effectively does.

What is so different to the rags refusing to let a player sign for the dippers ? Forget his name due to senility issues , and think he later moved to Real Madrid .

Another academy player given the skills to go elsewhere ply his trade and make a fortune. I hope he realises what City have done for him, regardless of whether or not he is currently good enough for us.

We didn't train him up as an act of charity. We took him from someone else's academy because we thought he could do something for us rather than us do something for him. It's a two way street. He seems to have enjoyed his time at City and have made some good friends in the first team squad. We didn't give him his skills, he already had them. I'm sure the facilities and training on offer at City has given him the best possible chance of making the most of those skills and i'm usre he's glad to have had that opportunity, but it's ridiculous to suggest his future achievements are all down to us. We've just sold him for £15m so I think both parties have done ok out of the arrangement.

The clause doesnt prevent any movement of the player to join the scum if he wants, just means Real will pay us a large chunk of the transfer fee.
Exactly, so although it sounds good that we're getting one over 'them' in reality it doesn't mean much

Good luck Diaz. He was my favourite youth player of the last 10 years and I always thought he would become a top player. He’s actually progressed less than Foden and Sancho so remains to be seen if he can hit those heights (certainly Sanchos) but good luck to him.

Will also be interesting to see whether he gets any more game time at Madrid than here. They are having a terrible season though so surely he will be given a chance.

City Watch said:
Brahim Diaz has been presented as a Real Madrid player following his £15.5m move from City.

Brahim: "I'm arriving at the club I dreamed of playing for as a boy. My only three options that I wanted were to play for Real Madrid, to play for Real Madrid or to play for Real Madrid."

According to reports in the UK, City have inserted two clauses in the deal: a sell-on fee of 15 percent for any future transfer and an “anti-Manchester United clause” that would require Madrid to pay the Premier League club 40 percent of any transfer income generated by the player moving to Old Trafford. However, sources close to the negotiations have told As that no such clause exists.

https://en.as.com/en/2019/01/05/football/1546705266_273134.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.