Brahim Diaz

like sancho who cares anymore ??? and the youth of today want it all now and think they are ready and can move from club to club to get what they want at 17 ???

I think it will only get worse and some will start demanding insane amounts of money to sign a professional contract. They get the best of both worlds. Demand crazy money or move to a club that will pay okay but actually give them that immediate pathway at 18. At least the bundesliga has now recognised the talent that is in English academies. Other leagues will follow suit as well. Good luck to the players.

Can’t wait to find out how it was city’s fault when a youth player earns as much as a first teamer.

Just a prediction.

I think it will only get worse and some will start demanding insane amounts of money to sign a professional contract. They get the best of both worlds. Demand crazy money or move to a club that will pay okay but actually give them that immediate pathway at 18. At least the bundesliga has now recognised the talent that is in English academies. Other leagues will follow suit as well. Good luck to the players.

Can’t wait to find out how it was city’s fault when a youth player earns as much as a first teamer.

Just a prediction.
Did I not see £65,000 a week quoted for Diaz's wages? (not that that makes it true mind)

A decade ago Daniel Sturridge demands £75,000 a week. City offered him £45,000 which was not enough for him so he moved to Chelsea and had limited opporunities there and had to go on loan to Bolton to get minutes. The loan was a success (8 goals in 12 league games) and he got a move to the dippers on the back of it. He has not always been a first choice due mainly to his fragile nature and only played just over 200 league games in total.

From this I would say £65,000 a week for Brahim does not seem outrageous after the last decade where wages have gone crazy but I can see his career taking a similar path to that of Sturridge with hime needing a loan to make progress.

A decade ago Daniel Sturridge demands £75,000 a week. City offered him £45,000 which was not enough for him so he moved to Chelsea and had limited opporunities there and had to go on loan to Bolton to get minutes. The loan was a success (8 goals in 12 league games) and he got a move to the dippers on the back of it. He has not always been a first choice due mainly to his fragile nature and only played just over 200 league games in total.

From this I would say £65,000 a week for Brahim does not seem outrageous after the last decade where wages have gone crazy but I can see his career taking a similar path to that of Sturridge with hime needing a loan to make progress.
At the time, that £75k would have made Sturridge the top earner at the club or close to it. £45k wouldn't have been too far off the top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.