Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished 1-1 (Germany)

Brandon played well,some very direct running had the Germans on the back foot and one very good cross that deserved a better end product.

I can see the AJ comparison,although Barker looks quicker!

That's good to hear, thanks FantasyIreland.

With regards to the Loan system, I can't honestly see City producing amazing talent currently as clubs have their own style of play and these young lads going into these teams will find themselves having to learn whole new systems of play alongside different players, not performing to their best abilities, and being loaned back to City, only to drop down leagues and be sold on.

The idea behind CFG buying other clubs seems to be the better way forward as they then look to implement the main clubs philosophy, so to see someone like Brandon Barker out on loan in the future at NYCFC for me leaves alot more hope of him developing into the first team.

FantasyIreland said:
Finished 1-1 (Germany)

Brandon played well,some very direct running had the Germans on the back foot and one very good cross that deserved a better end product.

I can see the AJ comparison,although Barker looks quicker!
Hm thats funny you lot keep saying Barker is quicker then AJ. I remember him as being quite pacy.

Johnson quick? not especially as I remember,its probably one of the reasons he was limited.

Anyway,Barker is definitely quicker,probably as tricky,and certainly more industrious.....which is excellent news for us.

FantasyIreland said:
Johnson quick? not especially as I remember,its probably one of the reasons he was limited.

Anyway,Barker is definitely quicker,probably as tricky,and certainly more industrious.....which is excellent news for us.
i certainly don't remember Johnson as being quick, has an odd gait which used up too much energy to get real speed

squirtyflower said:
FantasyIreland said:

i certainly don't remember Johnson as being quick, has an odd gait which used up too much energy to get real speed

Definitely not a natural athlete,thats was a certainty.

I used to watch the youth teams and reserves on a regular basis when I lived around the corner from Maine Road

I have only seen a few clips of Barker, but he excites me just as Paul Lake did all those years ago.

Just have a feeling this lad could be the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.