Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should stay in the EDS next year and if he is still improving he should get a few minutes here and there in early round cup games to give him a taste.

Let him develop slowly, he's only 18.

WNRH said:
He should stay in the EDS next year and if he is still improving he should get a few minutes here and there in early round cup games to give him a taste.

I agree.

Technically he is ready for senior football but physically he will just look out of place and it could knock his confidence.

I would keep him in the EDS and give him a bulking up program and if by January he has got to a size in which gives him a better chance of competing at a senior level then maybe a loan for the second half of the season somewhere would be best suited.

sam-caddick said:
WNRH said:

I agree.

Technically he is ready for senior football but physically he will just look out of place and it could knock his confidence.

I would keep him in the EDS and give him a bulking up program and if by January he has got to a size in which gives him a better chance of competing at a senior level then maybe a loan for the second half of the season somewhere would be best suited.

a bulking up programme ? that would completely ruin him. Have you seen him live he's just as big as adam johnson or silva. He needs to develop naturally, if he bulks up he could lose that technical play he has.

Good move I think...

<a class="postlink" href="http://the72.co.uk/27866/leeds-united-rumour-that-manchester-citys-barker-on-board/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://the72.co.uk/27866/leeds-united-r ... -on-board/</a>?

Rumours fly around like witches on Halloween but one doing the rounds at the moment is that Uwe Rösler is keen on bringing Manchester City Academy and England U19 midfielder Brandon Brown to the club as his first signing; likely on a season-long loan. Brown is listed as a ‘left winger’ which would fit perfectly into new head coach Uwe Rösler’s vision of high-octane, hard-pressing football with dedicated wide men.

Barker has something of a bite when it comes to putting the ball in the back of the net with six goals in 18 appearances for the Manchester City Academy in the U21 Premier League (goal per 212 minutes), four goals in seven UEFA Youth League appearances (goal per 129 minutes). Domestically, his U21 Premier League goals have come against sides such as Everton U21, Chelsea U21 and Fulham U21; in Europe he has scored victories against Bayern Munich U19 (two goals in two appearances) with his other two goals coming in a 4-2 victory over CSKA Moscow U19. Internationally, he has also represented England U19, making five appearances, scoring three goals and making two assists.

Should this rumour firm up and be confirmed, this is the sort of young player Leeds United should be looking at when Rösler starts to pull in the favours from former clubs and associations.

He's a bit of a Rodney Marsh type for me, great skills etc but only plays when it suits him. If he goes out on loan they will knock that out of him, and he'll come back with a better attitude.

Good move I think...

<a class="postlink" href="http://the72.co.uk/27866/leeds-united-rumour-that-manchester-citys-barker-on-board/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://the72.co.uk/27866/leeds-united-r ... -on-board/</a>?

Rumours fly around like witches on Halloween but one doing the rounds at the moment is that Uwe Rösler is keen on bringing Manchester City Academy and England U19 midfielder Brandon Brown to the club as his first signing; likely on a season-long loan. Brown is listed as a ‘left winger’ which would fit perfectly into new head coach Uwe Rösler’s vision of high-octane, hard-pressing football with dedicated wide men.

Barker has something of a bite when it comes to putting the ball in the back of the net with six goals in 18 appearances for the Manchester City Academy in the U21 Premier League (goal per 212 minutes), four goals in seven UEFA Youth League appearances (goal per 129 minutes). Domestically, his U21 Premier League goals have come against sides such as Everton U21, Chelsea U21 and Fulham U21; in Europe he has scored victories against Bayern Munich U19 (two goals in two appearances) with his other two goals coming in a 4-2 victory over CSKA Moscow U19. Internationally, he has also represented England U19, making five appearances, scoring three goals and making two assists.

Should this rumour firm up and be confirmed, this is the sort of young player Leeds United should be looking at when Rösler starts to pull in the favours from former clubs and associations.

The latest rumours from Leeds is that their priority is to take Pozo on loan - another guy with tons of technical ability who needs to get stronger!

Maybe moves for both Pozo and Barker is exactly what they need. They can only develop playing more regularly at a better standard and with having a manager like Uwe Rosler, it could definitely help them develop into better players and mould them into ready made Premier League players.

I'd be all for loaning the both of them to the same club. Wouldn't be the biggest factor, but being that age, having someone you already know would have to be a bit more comfortable than adjusting to an entirely new surrounding and set of teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.