Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be all for loaning the both of them to the same club. Wouldn't be the biggest factor, but being that age, having someone you already know would have to be a bit more comfortable than adjusting to an entirely new surrounding and set of teammates.

Totally agree with this. Would be good moves for both of them. Barker and Pozo can both be frustrating at times and I think a spell in a Championship squad could help knock some of the complacency out of them.

I used to think Mr Barker would make it at City...but having seen him several times last season i'm not too sure

He fades out of games quite badly and seems quite lightweight

Wingers are like that they can have moments of brilliance to win games like we have seen all season from him..

I used to think Mr Barker would make it at City...but having seen him several times last season i'm not too sure

He fades out of games quite badly and seems quite lightweight
I think you're basing that on his last few games where he's looked a bit burnt out. He has played a lot of games this season, overall he's been excellent and he is only 18.

I'd agree with this.

He's a bit of a Rodney Marsh type for me, great skills etc but only plays when it suits him.

And i know this is a bit of a joke on here, but his defensive contributions seem to lack a lot of effort for a left winger. People may say he has the qulaity to be in the first team, but until he's sorted that out, i doubt he'll get a sniff. Imagine, getting Toure to track in to cover Barker's lack of aptitude. Ain't going to happen is it.

I think you're basing that on his last few games where he's looked a bit burnt out. He has played a lot of games this season, overall he's been excellent and he is only 18.

Totally agree, I don't think people should be commenting so negatively on the lad. He's been excellent this season following his promotion to a higher age group. He's performed well for club and country consistently and he defends from the front, as is our MO.

Most of the times I've seen him this season he has tracked back, in the most recent games (when people started jumping on the bandwagon with him), he's looked absolutely wacked. It's been a long season for him, playing above his age and he's had a lot of hype over his performances. He didn't seem to the same standard at the end of the season so I wouldn't judge him on a couple of performances.

On a more thorough review of him, he's improved hugely this season and is now of an age where he can start to do more gym work without causing himself any long term injuries or issues. You don't want kids who still are growing and developing to spend too much time in the gym, it's very easy to do strength work and build muscle but if you do too much too young you can cause lasting harm. It's really not until 21 that he should be pushing things too hard.

From what I've seen of the 18's and eds this season, Aaron nemane looks more promising as a pacey wide man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.