Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
He shouldnt because on quality hes first choice but like most times when England junior teams play in friendly tournaments they spread the game time with the other players for experience, he started against Holland in the first game and scored in a 3-1 win and im sure he will start against Germany on Tuesday.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ll-news/man-city-brandon-barker-keen-10297446

saying he wants some game time and would be open to a loan. hopefully that happens."I think I played 20 minutes last month so it was good to go away and play for England," its a bit worrying to hear that.

i think he should have come off the bench at least this season

Yeah he's been in and out of the EDS this year, which is odd. Often sat on the bench and I can't quite get my head around it. He doesn't sound particularly happy in that MEN piece...just reading between the lines but it does appear there's a bit of frustration.

Yeah he's been in and out of the EDS this year, which is odd. Often sat on the bench and I can't quite get my head around it. He doesn't sound particularly happy in that MEN piece...just reading between the lines but it does appear there's a bit of frustration.

i dont really understand what citys plan is with him atm, he should be at least getting eds games, no point in him sitting on the bench. It really is a worry especially after the season he had last year, he needs to be pushing on and should be getting game time. even with all these great young products, apart from nacho I'm still not seeing pelle giving them enough chances, for example the bournemouth game we still waited to the very end to bring on nacho. if we had a fully fit squad i dont think roberts, evans or barker would have been on the bench this season.

hopefully they play against palace and I'm just overreacting

i dont really understand what citys plan is with him atm, he should be at least getting eds games, no point in him sitting on the bench. It really is a worry especially after the season he had last year, he needs to be pushing on and should be getting game time. even with all these great young products, apart from nacho I'm still not seeing pelle giving them enough chances, for example the bournemouth game we still waited to the very end to bring on nacho. if we had a fully fit squad i dont think roberts, evans or barker would have been on the bench this season.

hopefully they play against palace and I'm just overreacting

I don't think you are overreacting. We are seeing now, at first team level, the results of Pellegrini's cautiousness last season & at the start of this season, whrre we have kids on the bench for European games, who are totally unproven & therefore cannot be trusted. They could all have played at times last season, to shake off any nerves they are likely to suffer from, & the manager would now have some idea which players can be trusted to do a job & which could be wild cards who could perhaps win us a game late on. We could also have Jason Denayer covering 3 positions in the Champions Lg withouttaking up a squad place.

Pellegrini's management of our squad has been fucking useless.

I don't think you are overreacting. We are seeing now, at first team level, the results of Pellegrini's cautiousness last season & at the start of this season, whrre we have kids on the bench for European games, who are totally unproven & therefore cannot be trusted. They could all have played at times last season, to shake off any nerves they are likely to suffer from, & the manager would now have some idea which players can be trusted to do a job & which could be wild cards who could perhaps win us a game late on. We could also have Jason Denayer covering 3 positions in the Champions Lg withouttaking up a squad place.

Pellegrini's management of our squad has been fucking useless.

cheers aha

his cautiousness is a big problem for young players at the minute and as I said they should have had more game time this season. Someone like george evans we are only ever going to know if he's good enough for us if he gets a chance, instead he got a few minutes in a game we won in the first twenty. Even someone like roberts how is he ever going to get enough game time and a consistent run of games to improve, based on pelles choices he's not even going to get in the squad. anywhere else and he'd be playing more or coming on in games near the end.
Hes played about 30 minutes of first team football which isn't enough. Its great he gets to train with the first team, but theres comes a point where he needs the games to develop.

cheers aha

his cautiousness is a big problem for young players at the minute and as I said they should have had more game time this season. Someone like george evans we are only ever going to know if he's good enough for us if he gets a chance, instead he got a few minutes in a game we won in the first twenty. Even someone like roberts how is he ever going to get enough game time and a consistent run of games to improve, based on pelles choices he's not even going to get in the squad. anywhere else and he'd be playing more or coming on in games near the end.
Hes played about 30 minutes of first team football which isn't enough. Its great he gets to train with the first team, but theres comes a point where he needs the games to develop.

We have a group of lads now, such as Barker, Roberts & Iheanacho, who are playing hardly any football at any level. Roberts was miles off it for the U19s on Wed.

It's piss poor planning & management imo & simply not good enough.

(Don't get me started on Zuculini)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.