Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats funny my info comes straight from his dad regarding his loan so I'll take his word over yours.
Of course his own blood won't go against him. Have a word.

I post what I hear from those who have no reason to tell lies. If it works out, great, we have another baller. However, at this moment in time, it looks like he's throwing it away.

Last edited:
I think it must be something do with how he had a fantastic season in 2014/15 then was completely ignored by the club for the start of the next season and I recall that for some unknown reason he wasn't even playing for the EDS. He made it onto the senior bench but don't think he actually ever got on, I can see why he'd feel a bit miffed at that, although he does need to forget about all that and just give it 100% now

This is of my points, non of us have any idea how he performed in training. He did look well at under age football, he may have looked way off the pace in training.
Unless D Cole was correct and we only care about Spanish players. Somehow I think it's more about what happens in training than his race.
Bryan was ahead of both Tosin and Humphries yet both seem to have jumped him. Bryan seems a natural midfielder to me but regardless was captain and centre back at the EDS. Tosin & Humphries jumped him.

Don't want to create the impression that I don't want Barker to succeed, of course I do. Just don't think he's done himself any favours at all and that he doesn't deserve (at the moment) to get in the team ahead of Zinchenko, Celina or even Angelino (think all three can play at LM)

Reading through this thread is depressing. Another character assassination of a great young prospect. If he has confidence issues I hope to God he doesn't read this forum.

Hopefully Pep knows a bit more about football, and sees Brandon a little more in training (and out of training) than anyone on here.

Maybe we should man-manage our individual talents (I may have read somewhere Pep is quite good at this with young players) and help them overcome whatever difficulties they are having.

Some blues way to quick to write off our youngsters.

Of course his own blood won't go against him. Have a word.

I post what I hear from those who have no reason to tell lies. If it works out, great, we have another baller. However, at this moment in time, it looks like he's throwing it away.

I agree he wouldn't tell everyone his lad has a bad attitude etc, but if that was true we would of got shut long before now!

I heard while he was still there that he was dropped because the player he replaced complained to the chairman about what was in his contract and because of this the manager had his hands tied.

I agree he wouldn't tell everyone his lad has a bad attitude etc, but if that was true we would of got shut long before now!

I heard while he was still there that he was dropped because the player he replaced complained to the chairman about what was in his contract and because of this the manager had his hands tied.

I think too many people on here, hear a rumour & then go round repeating it like it was gospel. I bet if I made up a rumour about player X, Y or Z having a bad attitude & being late for training, without any foundation, many posters on here would be repeating it 12 months down the line.

I think too many people on here, hear a rumour & then go round repeating it like it was gospel. I bet if I made up a rumour about player X, Y or Z having a bad attitude & being late for training, without any foundation, many posters on here would be repeating it 12 months down the line.

I agree mate, take sterling for instance he is hated for how he treated Liverpool when he left, if you ask what Raheem did no one has an answer.

Back on topic you would think if there was an attitude issue with Brandon and or any teenager for that matter the manager u would expect the people around them would be made aware I.e. Agent, parents.......

Don't want to create the impression that I don't want Barker to succeed, of course I do. Just don't think he's done himself any favours at all and that he doesn't deserve (at the moment) to get in the team ahead of Zinchenko, Celina or even Angelino (think all three can play at LM)

I can't disagree with that, on his recent form.

I'm just hoping Pep can get him back to where he was two years ago, as he was better then, than the other kids who played v Bayern, are now.

But he has to put a marker down pretty quickly I imagine.

Perhaps Pep took him because he's one of the more established EDS players. He's nearly 20. He's also taken Bytiqi, Celina and Horsefield. He's also taken Zuculini according to the MEN. So he's effectively taken the most senior EDS players to fill in.
You could say he's seen something in him, you could say he's seen something in Horsefield. My bet, he's taken the more senior youth players.
Sadly the lad simply either isn't good enough against other senior players or he hasn't got the attitude.
Some fans will blame the old manager. He can only be blamed so far.
Celina, Tosin, the Garcia's etc had the same manager, they showed great appetite last night. Will they all make it? No.

I hope not for the lad himself, but that 45 minutes could have been his only time to impress. When there's such competition for a chance, performances like that will do you no favours at all.

I don't agree that he was lazy or uninterested last night, but he certainly didn't seem to have the same drive or determination to impress as others.

I said on the post match, he's clearly a talented player, perhaps his talents don't stand out at a higher level. After all Ish Miller was an outstanding EDS player. Ebanks Blake was a superstar before kicking a ball.
He's got two brilliant feet, holds his position well and isn't lazy, languid perhaps but not lazy.
He needs a loan because rightly or wrongly the lad is behind others now and last night won't of helped.
We're looking to buy players for huge sums no older than him.

We could argue all day long Whos fault it is. His, Pellegrini's, other coaches. My bet, it's all three.

He may only have one chance to shine, if it was last night, he didn't take it.
good post.

Reading through this thread is depressing. Another character assassination of a great young prospect. If he has confidence issues I hope to God he doesn't read this forum.

Hopefully Pep knows a bit more about football, and sees Brandon a little more in training (and out of training) than anyone on here.

Maybe we should man-manage our individual talents (I may have read somewhere Pep is quite good at this with young players) and help them overcome whatever difficulties they are having.

Some blues way to quick to write off our youngsters.
very good post. i for one always try to avoid negative comments about our own players,young and old..i wouldn,t want the player concerned to see a fan slagging off their own.it sort of goes aginst the grain.i,m a city fan,and prefer to talk up all our players, at every opportunity...leave the negative comments for opposing fans. thats just me tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.