Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talent only gets you so far and sadly, there is zero chance that Barker will make it under Pep.

I just can't understand the mentality of the lad. It's away against Bayern Munich, a real chance to impress the new manager, and he plays like he thinks he is better than what he is.

I can excuse poor passes, misplaced crosses etc, but the amount of times that he simply couldn't be arsed to go with his man was disgraceful. I'm sure it didn't go unnoticed by Pep.

For a lad who has done absolutely nothing in the game so far, it's baffling.

one trick pony i`m afraid and people were crying for him to gert in the 1st team.

I won't go as far as to say he's not a very good footballer, but I think something- maybe the fact that he's been in the academy so long?- has made us all a bit biased towards him, making out that he's a bit better than he's shown (every time I've seen him play at least). Have seen people say he is one of the best youth players at City- and maybe he was a few years ago, I wouldn't know since I didn't follow the EDS and academy until last season- but he can't go on playing with that mentality when there's players like Celina just waiting to grab his spot. Hopefully he improves/returns to what he once was.

How many times did Zinchenko have to cover for him?
An embarrassing amount (Loved Zinchenko though, hope he starts again soon).

I don't know if he really does have an attitude problem, but I've seen a person on a Facebook group (not reliable I know) say they'd met him and he came across as a bit sulky- 'bit of a prick' was their wording- but of course we all have bad days and he may have just been having exactly that.

Like I said above (sorry for the double post), don't think he deserves it over some of the other young players but that's Peps choice I suppose.

I think there is too much being read into the BM game. He would not have played as much as he did if Pep did not see a decent player in him. There are loads of players Pep could have taken on the tour and played ahead of him but he didn’t and that in itself speaks volumes. However, I very much doubt he will get close to the first team so he simply must go on loan this season and that will be the acid test! This tour will serve as a shop window for that. He needs to concentrate on getting the best loan he can and getting as much senior football as he can!

I think there is too much being read into the BM game. He would not have played as much as he did if Pep did not see a decent player in him. There are loads of players Pep could have taken on the tour and played ahead of him but he didn’t and that in itself speaks volumes. However, I very much doubt he will get close to the first team so he simply must go on loan this season and that will be the acid test! This tour will serve as a shop window for that. He needs to concentrate on getting the best loan he can and getting as much senior football as he can!

Perhaps Pep picks players who don't put the effort in during training & have a shitty attitude, over those who do their best & isn't the manager we thought he was.

Or perhaps some folks are talking shite.

Has to be one or the other.

Positionally his decisions were not good against Bayern hence not being best placed to track back in my opinion and did not get into the game enough. He did make one very good switch pass which showed good vision. I still have faith in him but as said needs a decent loan somewhere and get his confidence up.

I didn't see the first half, but Pep praised Barker amongst others in his post match interview, if I remember correctly.

It's a shame Vieira said he isn't going to be taking on youth players at NYCFC, that might have been a good experience for him and with the right playing style.

Watched the first half back this morning. The idea that he doesn't try is genuinely mad nonsense. He looked nervy and introverted, but he did work and he did cover. Why the fuck are pretending that he didn't? People read into body language far too much and don't actually watch what he's doing.

Fact is he WAS our best young talent about twelve months ago. Better than Angelino, Adarabioyo, Maffeo and all them. I watched him every week and he was the star in an FA Youth Cup final reaching time full of talents. He was genuinely magic and looked like he could score a wonder goal every game as he took on all comers with ease. Now for whatever reason his head has dropped in the past 12 months and he's been 60% of what he was. I think, sadly, that the frustrations of being on teh bench about ten billion times and never brought on until that Chelsea game really affected his confidence. Especially considering lesser academy players in lesser form made their debuts ahead of him Maybe he did believe he deserved a chance earlier, and he did in my book 10000%, but its clearly hit his confidence hard.

Heard a rumour he was meant to go loan abroad last year but it didn't happen sadly against City's wishes. It could be a rumour, but i think that's what's made things difficult.

I do feel sorry for him, but at some point he does have to kinda motivate himself and Pep needs to find a way to get him to believe in himself....

.....and fans need to stop this absolute fucking nonsense that he's a bad kid with a bad attitude who doesn't try. It's genuinely WEIRD how many people are so willing for him to be shot down. Never seen so much negativity towards a young Manc lad. He's from Droylsden ffs - people around their are droll as it gets! Give him a chance, show him some love and if it does click then we're onto a fucking winner.

.....and fans need to stop this absolute fucking nonsense that he's a bad kid with a bad attitude who doesn't try. It's genuinely WEIRD how many people are so willing for him to be shot down. Never seen so much negativity towards a young Manc lad. He's from Droylsden ffs - people around their are droll as it gets! Give him a chance, show him some love and if it does click then we're onto a fucking winner.

I know!... I was thinking about pointing out everyone has wrote him off as some bad boy with a bad attitude that will "never make it" with nothing to back it up other than what they see when they look at his face(nice attitude in itself right there) and some vague facebook comments. It would be amusing but it seems to be a running trend with a lot of fans getting on younger city players backs, that's the attitude that makes you miss out on homegrown legends that end up making it at another club who understand what it is to nurture rather than stifle and berate like they just personally shat on your doorstep every time they make a mistake or have a bad game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.