Break down of the season 2019-20

abu13

Team supported
Gods own
So there we have it, another season over and some stunning football played.

102 goals scored - 17 better than the dippers and 33 goals more than the third highest scorers in the league.
35 goals conceded - the second best in the league and only 2 worse than the Dippers with Van Dyke.
Goal difference of 67 which is 15 more than the Dippers.
Ederson wins the golden glove for the most clean sheets.

If we had read these stats at the start of the season, how many of us would you have thought that we would finish 18 points behind the candle waving benefit cheats.

9 defeats did for us, with the backline being strengthened and the team continuing to gel I can see us bouncing back next season.

ok its time

the media will be all over us and pep and questions will be asked about manchester city finishing so far behind liverpool, but we won silverware and still in the crazy champions league mini world cup tournament if we beat madrid

for me its a easy question and its simple going hard for 2 season as champions with 198 point 3 league cups 1 fa cup and 2 community shields, also a world cup to boot for most of our players really took hold and we was short
losing kompany and laporte injury also had a big say, maybe city could have paid the daft money for square head but i think city was right not to because i don't see it and he is not much better than stones anyway

am going to highlight 2 big games in spurs at home and liverpool away ? VAR did the damage needed for liverpool to run away with the title them 2 games, it was a show of power by the officials in what they was going to do this season and stop manchester city winning the title again at any cost

so glad this season over and done with and tomorrow will be just another day and plans start for the future and new signings and manchester city will be back stronger and with our pride in tact

What a strange season - only conceded 2 more goals than dippers - scored over 100 again - 5 players with ten or more goals - Eddie wins golden gloves - KDB with most assists but lost 9 games and finished 18 points off the top - hope the positive to come out of all this is Pep can learn as much from this season as the successful ones.

We were wildly inconsistent, we had our best defender out for a lengthy period...... which meant our best defensive midfielder was played out of position. Our super hot German winger was out for the season and wasn't coming back, which meant Sterling always had to cut in from the left into his right foot and defences just sat back and (most times) mopped it up. We had no decent reliable left back. Our right back signing from Juve was and is still finding his feet. Rodri had to cover defence which stifled his midfield development. Stones was out of form and in and out of the squad. Var and Pigmob couldn't wait to shaft us. We had a two year European ban hanging over our club. Liverpool were getting jammy winners. We lost to Norwich. Wolves did the double over us. Bernardo got bumfucked by the fa and was subsequently out of form. Pep didn't give Foden enough game time.

There's probably a few more but I've wound myself up by posting in this thread.

What a strange season - only conceded 2 more goals than dippers - scored over 100 again - 5 players with ten or more goals - Eddie wins golden gloves - KDB with most assists but lost 9 games and finished 18 points off the top - hope the positive to come out of all this is Pep can learn as much from this season as the successful ones.

VAR did us over and liverpool got so many close calls going their way and city close calls was highlighted and use by VAR to punish us

On paper, a hugely disappointing domestic season, though perhaps not entirely unexpected after the highs of the previous years. The loss of Sane, Laporte, and Mendy before August had even ended meant that our challenge was ostensibly over before it began; you simply cannot lose an entire side of your team and still hope to challenge.
I sensed that the players knew this, too, and were thenceforward more interested in having a tilt at the Champions League rather than slogging it out both for that and the League; it had taken an enormous effort the previous season and they probably appreciated that more than us. I confess to being surprised by how meekly we surrendered the FA Cup, but again I put that down to them prioritising the CL.
Well, we’ve put all our eggs in that basket, so here’s hoping they can rouse themselves for one last charge.

A success so far, even if not our normal standard under Pep. Charity Shield, League Cup, 81 points is respectable considering our clean sheet record with and without Laporte and considering he was injured for over half the games. Cleared our name via CAS. Win the CL it becomes a legendary season, fail to win it - roll on next season.

Our bare minimum should be 1 trophy a season, so our season has been acceptable, but not great. That could still change with the CL.

Normally we wouldn't be happy with just a League Cup, but with the unprecedented success we've enjoyed the last two years, it's okay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.