Brendan Rodgers - How good is he?

grifter

As the thread title suggests I’d like to hear what people think of Brendan as a manager.

I thought he was an arrogant tosser at Liverpool to be honest but I always respected the job he did there in a short space of time. He was successful at Celtic, albeit in a mickey mouse league, and got them playing some great stuff. Then at Leicester again he got them playing some good stuff in no time at all and looks likely to get them into the champions league at some point in the near future.

But overshadowing it all, the guy has this reputation of bottling it, with Liverpool throwing the title away and Leicester missing out on top 4 last year. So how good is he and could he potentially manage a club like our’s one day?

As the thread title suggests I’d like to hear what people think of Brendan as a manager.

I thought he was an arrogant tosser at Liverpool to be honest but I always respected the job he did there in a short space of time. He was successful at Celtic, albeit in a mickey mouse league, and got them playing some great stuff. Then at Leicester again he got them playing some good stuff in no time at all and looks likely to get them into the champions league at some point in the near future.

But overshadowing it all, the guy has this reputation of bottling it, with Liverpool throwing the title away and Leicester missing out on top 4 last year. So how good is he and could he potentially manage a club like our’s one day?
Not good enough for us by a mile. We don't need that level of arrogance at the club.

My innate bias kicks in when the subject of Bodger comes up because I simply don't like him. He comes across as a pompous, conceited man - a bit like Roy Hodgson in that respect.
But I'd rather watch his style of football than the hoofball excrement you get from the likes of Dyche/Fat Sam/Pulis etc.

I think he is the best British manager currently. Many may find him smug, but his ability to improve average teams to decent teams is clear. I think he will be being watched by both Chelsea as of now, and possibly United if the real OGS returns.

I was thinking of starting or looking for an old thread myself.

I think he is or could be the successor to Pep, been wondering about it for a long while but reading VK's book he praises Rogers and acknowledges that they always expected a hard game from his teams, due to the pressing/closing down that they do, whilst also trying to play football as well.

Not sure he bottled it, you can't put Slippy G down as Rogers bottling it and we always had the games in hand to make them nervous, Leicester just ran out of steam at the wrong time last year, whether that was due to the break or not it is hard to say but it is also a bad season to judge anybody in and is best ignored.

I would take him over Arteta any day of the week tbh and can you imagine the gnashing of teeth on Merseyside if he brought a title/champs league to City, for this alone it would be worth it lol

I love his David Brentisms.

uWAjAcq.jpg

Inside these envelopes ...

4pPMlMh.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.