Brentford (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Don’t agree mate I mean ok he had an assist last night but that one on one should have been buried and this season he had a lot of easy chances .
Haaland is a very smart player - a lot of off the ball running and in the box makes short runs with two defenders tracking him, then runs back sharply to where he wants to be and finds a yard or two of space. It's then up to the other blues to find him - they do that more often than not.

I must admit last night's game had me worried. Games against Brentford are never easy. They are the modern equivalent of Stoke and Wimbledon away combined. A big, physical long ball style side with some decent players. When they went ahead and with their keeper playing like a modern day Gordon Banks I feared it might be one of those nights. Thankfully it wasn't.
After the Arsenal win opened the door for us it was important to take full advantage to pile the pressure on and we did. Liverpool's next few fixtures are easy on paper so I don't see them dropping many, if any points. It would be great if we could go to Anfield three or four points ahead so if we lose there it's not damaging. We're in a great position now, it's up to us to keep it going.
I agree - Brentford are a nightmare to play against. I can understand why they play like that - making the most of their resources. It's the bigger clubs that play like that that I can't stand.

I must admit last night's game had me worried. Games against Brentford are never easy. They are the modern equivalent of Stoke and Wimbledon away combined. A big, physical long ball style side with some decent players. When they went ahead and with their keeper playing like a modern day Gordon Banks I feared it might be one of those nights. Thankfully it wasn't.
After the Arsenal win opened the door for us it was important to take full advantage to pile the pressure on and we did. Liverpool's next few fixtures are easy on paper so I don't see them dropping many, if any points. It would be great if we could go to Anfield three or four points ahead so if we lose there it's not damaging. We're in a great position now, it's up to us to keep it going.
I think you neglected to say that we played brilliantly on Monday night Paul

So how does a player on the pitch, in real time, able to determine if a player is or is not in an offside position, from where he is standing. he would have been better asking Ederson if it was offside.
Well the big clue is that it was directly from a "goal kick", and you can't be offside from a GK, corner or throw in. The ONLY way the goal was ever going to be disallowed was if Toney was deemed to have committed a foul. Unfortunately for us the Ref thought not - a 50:50 decision for me tbh

I think you neglected to say that we played brilliantly on Monday night Paul
I agree that the game was not easy by any means, that I was impressed with Brentford and they put us under real pressure at times but what I didn't make clear in my post is the point you make - Brentford took an absolute battering for most of the game from an excellent City team.

Haaland is a very smart player - a lot of off the ball running and in the box makes short runs with two defenders tracking him, then runs back sharply to where he wants to be and finds a yard or two of space. It's then up to the other blues to find him - they do that more often than not.
Not sure I agree with that .I see him making runs and hardly anyone plays him in then as the game goes on he just stands there and his body language is ‘what’s the point’ .,.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.