Brentford (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Well the big clue is that it was directly from a "goal kick", and you can't be offside from a GK, corner or throw in. The ONLY way the goal was ever going to be disallowed was if Toney was deemed to have committed a foul. Unfortunately for us the Ref thought not - a 50:50 decision for me tbh
Glad you said that. I thought I was the only one who thought Toney commited a foul. Not sure though about offside from a corner as we have always undestood. With the new positioning of the ball in the corner arc then the ball could be two foot from the byeline and when the corner swings in an attacker

Glad you said that. I thought I was the only one who thought Toney commited a foul. Not sure though about offside from a corner as we have always undestood. With the new positioning of the ball in the corner arc then the ball could be two foot from the byeline and when the corner swings in an attacker
on the goaline(Diaz Spurs) must be in an offside position.

on the goaline(Diaz Spurs) must be in an offside position.

Players are in offside positions all the time without committing an offside offence.

You specifically can not be given offside direct from a corner, whether you’re in an offside position or not.

3 feet plus the ball radius but it makes no difference, the law has been in place for over a century that you can't be offside form a Corner.

Well the big clue is that it was directly from a "goal kick", and you can't be offside from a GK, corner or throw in. The ONLY way the goal was ever going to be disallowed was if Toney was deemed to have committed a foul. Unfortunately for us the Ref thought not - a 50:50 decision for me tbh
If Eddie pumps a giant GK over everyone to a miles offside Haaland who smashes it home the rule will be amended within 24hrs. Isssstrrreee makers

Never a foul, Toney was just being clever. Similar to Sergio in the League Cup final against Arsenal, though Serg went on to score himself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.