Brentford (A) | Post Match Thread

Absolute quality day spent on the banks of the Thames, drinking in the sun all afternoon. Decent bunch of fans Brentford aswell.

I would comment on the football but I can’t really recall anything of note. Other than, as expected, it was all a bit shit.

A draw would have been nice, to keep the unbeaten run going. But no to worry.

I imagine it’s been mentioned already but last team to do the double over us?

The Brighton/Brentford games and results puts paid to the ridiculous notion, often spouted in the media, that our 2nd string would finish in a champions league spot (such is our wealth and embarrassment of riches)…. But they were 2 dead rubber games and we earned the right to rest key players, by winning the games we did! Rodri, Stones, Haaland, Gündogan, Dias, Grealish, KDB, Bernardo all rested and we’ll be a different beast for the finals!! Bring them on.

Last edited:
Absolute quality day spent on the banks of the Thames, drinking in the sun all afternoon. Decent bunch of fans Brentford aswell.

I would comment on the football but I can’t really recall anything of note. Other than, as expected, it was all a bit shit.

A draw would have been nice, to keep the unbeaten run going. But no to worry.

I imagine it’s been mentioned already but last team to do the double over us?
I would imagine Tottenham

Draw would've been nice but the loss gives a bit more motivation and can help focus the players to show that they are human and can still lose all this...

Unbeaten runs always have to end. Ours won’t be ending at Wembley… and when was the last time we lost 2 in a row?

I’m making a judgement of what I’ve seen in the flesh particularly over last few weeks,with a couple of fringe players,to be quite frank are crap,and not what this squad has had in past few years,so if this is the back up,which I doubt it is,then we are in a bit of trouble,but either way they should be binned as deemed not good enough

I’ve read a post on one in particular with a few saying they don’t know football if they think he’s crap,which is again laughable,strength in depth has always been a trait we’ve had in recent years,we haven’t now……..at the minute

So match thread reaction my fucking arse
Well, with these apparently "crap" back-up, squad players, we've won the league - again - so wind it in a bit, as you're sounding like one of those fans who comes across as very entitled.

As to your "fucking arse," you should give that some credit too, as it's developed the power of speech.

Well, with these apparently "crap" back-up, squad players, we've won the league - again - so wind it in a bit, as you're sounding like one of those fans who comes across as very entitled.

As to your "fucking arse," you should give that some credit too, as it's developed the power of speech.

Smarty pants eh,given that some thought didn’t you,I’m off to read the Daily Fail for more opinions to form,but I don’t need any prompting from what I’ve seen,or any more response from you for that matter,as you’ve certainly bored me and pissed me off enough now

I wasn’t basing my opinion on just this game tbh. I never thought Phillips was up to our standard I even posted as such before we signed him. Gomez was clearly a panic buy once cucurella fell through and is champ standard at best and palmer has constantly shown to have ability but also looks as though he is playing within himself. Personally I would like to see mcatee take his minutes next season and I firmly believe tommy Doyle is a better player than phillips (Albeit probably also below the standard we require)
I agree, these fringe players haven't exactly played themselves into Peps' thoughts for next season. Phillips needs to be sold as does Gomez. Disappointed with Mahrez last couple of games. He could've played a part in the two finals but doubt that after those performances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.