Brentford (A) | Post Match Thread

This game highlighted our failings, they did nothing special, just man marked every player, at times when City had the ball they had 7 players in our half, their greater pace and hard work won out over skill, and they were not the only team this season to use this tactic to gain points off us.
The players on show all had the opportunity to stake their place in next seasons squad, that most likely was Pep`s intention.

This game highlighted our failings, they did nothing special, just man marked every player, at times when City had the ball they had 7 players in our half, their greater pace and hard work won out over skill, and they were not the only team this season to use this tactic to gain points off us.
The players on show all had the opportunity to stake their place in next seasons squad, that most likely was Pep`s intention.
But it's a second eleven really v first eleven..away ..and there a top half team. I didn't expect anything less but it's great to give squad players the opportunity to play against decent opposition. Feed one or two in starting eleven in a proper match is fine and these games help. BUT don't seriously expect a result with 6 / 7 in squad not really being first team players. Remember when we had Ged Keegan filling in from Central League side - thisis how we should treat this. WE DO NOT have two full strength prem teams in us...no way, nor should we.

But it's a second eleven really v first eleven..away ..and there a top half team. I didn't expect anything less but it's great to give squad players the opportunity to play against decent opposition. Feed one or two in starting eleven in a proper match is fine and these games help. BUT don't seriously expect a result with 6 / 7 in squad not really being first team players. Remember when we had Ged Keegan filling in from Central League side - thisis how we should treat this. WE DO NOT have two full strength prem teams in us...no way, nor should we.
..''they' are''....

So which was the more expensive team, bit of a throw away statement, it does not matter first or second, this was about the opposition working harder than City, it was about fringe players having the oppotunity to impress, it was about experienced players supporting the youth, and probably the most important why did they man mark right across the pitch, where are we failing.

I have an old City tea shirt with a big fucking hole in it, wore it all season. Before you say I'm a team it's been good luck upto now.
What a coincidence! I have a wife, with a big fucking hole in it, wore it all season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.