Brentford (A) | Post Match Thread

I know that many will disagree. Phillips is a decent player - always impressed for England and is a good stand-in for Rodders. He would play every week in any other Prem team. But he's up against the best in the world in trying to get into our team.
Struggling with the good stand in for Rodri bit .

Most of team on their holidays. They know unlikely to feature in the next 2 games hence tge lack of intensity.
Will only feature for majority if we are struck with a number of injuries

Laporte and Foden were brilliant yesterday, Foden despite being repeatedly kicked by the new Wimbledon. Referees let teams get away with murder against us.
The biggest let down for me in the last two games has been Mahrez. He looks like he is sulking because he is not in the first team currently. Made no real effort to get involved, when he should have been a leader in that line up.
The jury is out on Palmer still, sadly not on Philips from my viewpoint.
It was underwhelming, but understandably so.

Pep's starting 11 yesterday did its job in getting it out of the way, the league won, the trophy was on display at home, Yes Squad players will feel used a little bit but that's part of the job when called for,

I think it's been giving Pep's nightmares in the last 3 games and what else can he do than give protection to his best 11 players, Yes question will be asked about the starting line ups, but in the 3 games nothing really was on all 3 games for both clubs, Chelsea was midtable, Brighton had already got European football, Brentford would have missed out anyway of Europe,

Thank God we did not have to play a team in the bottom 4 or a team getting a top 4 place or 6th place

NOW its time for the fun to start

I know that many will disagree. Phillips is a decent player - always impressed for England and is a good stand-in for Rodders. He would play every week in any other Prem team. But he's up against the best in the world in trying to get into our team.

I don't know whether Phillips is a good player or not, frankly, but I think you're absolutely right, people completely lose their perspective. That he can't get into the best club side in the world at present — I say that coolly, level-headedly and unironically — does not mean that he's crap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.