Brentford (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

I don't want to be too negative because in the end we got a result, but they laid over for Liverpool and we struggled at times. The biggest problem, which we haven't seen since when Liverpool would do it to us regularly, is the alarming amount of space in the middle for them to counter through. This is compelled by the fact we have CB's pushing into that middle space, a 6 and an 8 (Bernardo) doubling up there as well as at 10 and another 8 (Alvarez and Foden) taking up the middle as well. So how Chelsea and now Brentford were cutting through so regularly really is alarming IMO. On the plus side i thought Akanji was excellent, great distribution, confident on the ball to move forwards and showed the strength in challenges which is exactly what was needed. Thought Bobb played decent, but imo he's more suited to Alvarez' role.

Thought we controlled the game well last night but didn't look lethal as per this season. As an Irish fan who only catches a couple of games a season at the etihad, the atmosphere was dire. There's a dedicated section that are brilliant but it never speead. Being a paddy tourist i was pretty sauced up so i ended up giving it large with the singing section amongst what felt like a wake

Toney calling Dias a pussy last night after getting a yellow card for a forearm smash really wound me up.
Wish Ruben would have told him "to fuck off you gambling twat".
Toney thinks he’s something else. Inhaled all the smoke Pep blew up his arse in the pressers prior to both recent games but what is Pep going to say when some lazy tired hack asks him about a player, hardly going to say anything negative is he.
Pre match pressers would be much more entertaining with a bit trash talking currently they’re as sterile as an anaesthetist’s needle

Last edited:
Missed the game unfortunately but it was tense enough just following the live text on BBC!

Perhaps it different watching the match on City+.
I didnt think City played badly. The thing I did not as soon as Alvarez went off Phil came into his own.

I watched it live and tbh I wouldn't say we were bad, it's just hard to play football when the other team is wrestling you to the ground, yet doesn't have a foul called against them for the first 58 minutes.

We did what we could. Should have had 2 after Foden tried to do too much against the keeper, but you're right, he's coming alive as the central playmaker.

Completely disagree with that. Liverpool attacked them with pace, intent and energy, they pressured their defenders into mistakes and exploited gaps. We played slow ponderous football, going side to side without purpose for a lot of the match, forced them back and they seemed more than comfortable to defend with everything infront of them.

They were no better tonight than they were when the dippers thumped them, it was our poor attacking play that caused the result to be so tight.
Yes but Liverpool played Brentford away. When we played them away we won 3-1.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.