Brentford (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Rugby league world club challenge this weekend. I reckon Haaland would do alright playing in it, the amount of times he was rugby tackled at corners last night!

I thought Brentford played as well for the first half hour against Liverpool on Saturday as they did for the first half hour at their place against us - then for some reason on Saturday they stopped trying to defend. Last night they were organised for the full 96 minutes and usually kept ten in their own area. Contrary to popular belief though few teams manage to keep us out for a whole game and last night was no different. i thought the Brentford lad was too far from Erling to be able to stop him going through to score but even if his slip was bad luck it makes no difference - relying on no bad luck for 96 minutes is a dangerous game. As is relying on one very talented forward to grab a goal on the counter, and Brentford look pretty feeble up front when you consider Toney's colleagues.

That's 3 home games in a row we have looked pedestrian in the first half - constant team changes could be a factor Walker is now being caught out 20 yards away from his mark on a regular basis. Do they not watch re-runs of the games and discuss what we are doing wrong - we need more cover at the back or stop drifting too far up field en masse or teams with pace and skill will murder us Spurs/Forest/Wolves/Liverpool all have lightning forwards some of then 2 & 3. fortunately last night the guy with pace had no skill.

Is KDB injured??? he didn't even warm up.Hamstring again?

I watched some of the game back from last night to understand the many shouts of the officials being bent and being anti-City, As jamielowndes said, it took to the 58 for them to give away a free kick or should I say the Referee to blow for a foul, How did Haaland not blow up and smack that defender in the face ? at every corner

The defender was not watching the corners being taken he was just holding and pulling Haaland to the ground and the Officials and VAR did nothing, Also the referee was 100% all over the City players for everything and making a point for throw-inns free-kick to be taken in the right place.

I was not in the camp of its Anti-City again by the Officials, But last night they played a major part in trying to unsettle the city players and get the crowd going, It is a major plan to unsettle everybody and to put a spanner in the works, They hope to get a reaction from the players and manager then they can book them or send them off

Look we Know who they would like to win the title ? But it is not their choice and Manchester City and our great players and manager have worked so hard to control themselves, Even when it is hard going and we are struggling and not playing well we still hold our nerve and do not fall for it,

Games like LastNight can be so decisive in the run-in and if a City player kicked out and gets sent off or the manager is sent off then you are missing games and the Officials have won and done their job for the other teams.

How did Brentford not commit a foul? until the 58 minute

To be honest, last night was a 3/4 nil win on other nights. Only our ridiculously poor finishing put paid to that.
Very frustrating to see high calibre footballers hoiking the ball high or wide, and none of it was at all handsome. But they are gonna click sooner or later- could be as soon as Saturday!

They'd only have to do it once, and it would stop it dead in its tracks. By the way, yes, the first time for sure, they'd all surround the referee aggressively. For which a bunch of yellow cards should be handed out. That, too, was something that was supposed to be sorted out this season. I don't like seeing any team doing it, and yes, that includes City. The captain, and maybe the offended-against player, should be tolerated. No-one else should be getting in his face.
Dead right, and it would be the same with timewasting. Only gotta book one to inform every goalie in the PL that looking for the exact blade of grass after yer've bumbled over the ball, or engineered two balls on the pitch, smacked the layers of clay off yer boots on the goal post, and finally conned everyone into thinking yer going short but wave every man 'n jack upfield for another fine example of hoofball, and the best way of pissing up each 45mins up the wall is well 'n truly over. Pity it'll never happen.

He's an odious twat. Still not getting my head around why his return to football is celebrated as if he'd just beat cancer. He's a cretin
Pretty obvious tbh.

As for wearing Hollywood bet on his shirt, that is just taking the piss!

. . . . . . . .

How did Brentford not commit a foul? until the 58 minute
They probably got the first foul in after 58 seconds, but the whistling wanker was never gonna give it! There have been two sets of the LotG this season - one for MCFC and the other set for the opposition. I would love to see a game where the ref fucks up and the two swap over and we get the LotG reserved for the opposition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.