Brentford (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Fuck you PiGMOL, bent dipper cunts.
Three points in spite of you, red motherfuckers.

That said, need to be more clinical to avoid giving some manouvering margin to those whistling cunts.

Great win, especially given we were not clicking and Brentford were determined to interrupt any attempts to actually play a game of football. I was particularly critical of Akanji at weekend, but he was great on that left sided role tonight..

Special mention to the referee, awarding a foul against foden because the opponent decided to jump three foot in the air with nobody around him. How can he even have thought he saw contact? He guessed, or worse. Plus having a stern word with that same defender about pulling Haaland before every corner was taken, only to actually let him do it anyway when the corner comes in. I mean, why bother? He may as well have said at the start of the match "look lads, I haven't got a clue what I'm doing, I just won a competition for most Lego bricks stuffed up my bum!"
dont worry he know's what he's doing when on var for liverpool

for me we had no rhythm and were laboured and wasteful.
I think the game plan tonight was to try and draw them out a bit, it looked like no rhythm at times, and it does look laboured, as we pass across the defence, but we controlled the game, and they refused to come out. Yet we still created good chances that we didn't take, the Bernardo header being the most guilty.

Teams doing that struggle to do it for 90 minutes, and eventually they'll slip up (literally tonight) and give Haaland that chance he isn't missing (thankfully we no longer have Sterling :-) ).

I'm calm about tonight, I thought we were OK, on Saturday the first half was poor, but the second half very good, and we should have won the game, we did tonight, and that is all that matters in the end.

We missed chances and deserved to win easily but for me we had no rhythm and were laboured and wasteful. I agree we were poor first half Saturday. In fact it’s a long time since we played well for 90 minutes. Totally agree about chances missed but I’m not concerned, that’s the point I’m trying to make. We have the personnel to get it right again.
The first 25 mins of the second half was probably the worst I had seen us at home this season. Passing was atrocious. At that point Brentford actually gained a bit of confidence and that was to be their downfall as they overcommitted. We saw the game out well.

I think the game plan tonight was to try and draw them out a bit, it looked like no rhythm at times, and it does look laboured, as we pass across the defence, but we controlled the game, and they refused to come out. Yet we still created good chances that we didn't take, the Bernardo header being the most guilty.

Teams doing that struggle to do it for 90 minutes, and eventually they'll slip up (literally tonight) and give Haaland that chance he isn't missing (thankfully we no longer have Sterling :-) ).

I'm calm about tonight, I thought we were OK, on Saturday the first half was poor, but the second half very good, and we should have won the game, we did tonight, and that is all that matters in the end.
Yeah, all good points. The other two mitigating factors are that we played three days ago and it was not our best team/set up.

In theory Brentford's goalkeeper could have equalised in the time that had been added-on for his earlier time wasting

Not just a City issue, but there needs to be a rule amendment whereby the referee can ask City (or whoever) if they would like to utilise those extra minutes or just the minutes that were added on for genuine injuries and substitutions etc

Obviously once City had scored it was less of an issue

The few times we had of hitting them on the break I noticed we slowed the pace down and let them reorganise, also Walker his passing and crossing leaves a lot to be desired. Referee was poor again not giving us much, typical City doing it the hard way, I love this club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.