Brentford (H) - PL | Post Match Thread

we deserved to win because of the clear cut chances we made.
Put that aside and there was a great deal to admire in that Brentford performance.
They were one of two clubs to come to the Etihad and play football against us.
They weren’t dirty bastards and there was little of the shinanigans we see every week wrestling Erling.
There play from the back was like watching us
Their goalie was as close to an Eddie distribution wise as I’ve seen in a while
Their press was consistent and effective
Their transition were quick and accurate.

It was a very good game of football.

Their keeper always plays out of his skin v us.

Must be trying to impress Pep.

xG = 2,17:0,97, shots (on goal) = 18(8):7(5), duells won = 36% : 64%.....they had a good first 20 min but but then we took over....between 60-80 min. we had so many good opportunities that it could have been an easy afternoon without sweating at the end

A win's a win, but was that the quickest goal we've conceded at The Etihad - ever! Can't think of another. But a concession via the bizarre still lurks in Beswick! Joe Mercer will have a wry smile on his face with that Brentford goal. Another goalie who brought his season's best. Probably won't make a string of saves like those this afternoon in another game this season. Haaland could have had his 100th and another hatters. I also thought that having had 90% of the bouncy balls, ricochets that Brentford would nick an equalizer.
Shearer, Newcastle ?

Just listened to MotD and the commentator was right for once - Wissa can't believe his luck!

And the yellow card for Kovvers! Fuckin' rubbish! He got a foot to the ball before he contacted the player. In the time available VAR should be checking over those, but it seems to me that the arbitrators don't give a fuck, and have built into the rules 'no appeals for a yellow card', unless the ref had booked one on the bench for the tackle.
I thought it was a foul and a yellow. It wasn't far off a scissor tackle and no way was he in control of his body. Some of our yellows are farcical but not that one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.