Brentford (H) - PL | Post Match Thread

Thought Brentford were the hardest team we’ve played against for ages.

Had more of a go at us yesterday than Real Madrid and Arsenal did, combined, last season (see, the rest of the football world, you can come and have a go against City, make a proper game of it and not get hammered 5-0!).

Well done to them and Frank, brilliant performance.

Ederson was brilliant yesterday. Haaland was everywhere (one of his best all round performances for us). The rest battled well against a very well coached team who played very well.

Good game of football that!

Hugely entertaining game, they were always a threat and a very useful team.

I personally think we are looking better than much of last season, Savio,a revelation and on the attack we are far less predictable and always creating chances.

Haaland and Ederson outstanding, both have moved up a notch from last season.

Don't think so. more of a tactical change. Surprised he took Kovacic off though and left Gundogan on, who I thought today was poor.
i thought Lewis, Stones, Kovacic and Gundogan were all poor. the forward four appeared to have been told to stay high as Grealish was not tracking back like he normally would.

wide open down our left and the midfield ‘three’ including stones were all over the place. they were one-twoing us all over the park getting attacks going.

Tough side, Brentford. Frank is a very capable manager, and one to watch.
Their composure passing from the back is as good as anyone I've seen apart from City.
They deserve respect for coming and playing an offensive game.
Stones and Walker were a bit ropey today. They need to up their games considerably. 2nd half was better from them but only because Brentfords energy/pressing levels dropped.
The difference when Gvardiol and Rodri came on was stark. Rico played well and should have stayed on for Walker. Maybe Pep is wanting to get Walker and Stones playing more minutes.
Shame that Walker shot fizzed over the bar, it would have been a cracker.
Haaland is hitting legendary status, now. His composure is the best I've ever seen. He is ice inside.
Tough game, not a great performance, but a win is a win.
Oh, and the scousers blinking is a right royal bonus, hehehe!!!
Let's hope Spurs fuck the Arse tomorrow as well.
And one more thing... Ederson was outstanding!
I take on board your point regarding Frank. Could he be a candidate if there is a job vacancy come next July?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.