Brentford (H) - PL | Post Match Thread

Just a personal thing but I'd prefer the one captain/ vice captain system.
When I think of the top teams from a few years ago, they always seemed to have the one captain. I see no advantage to having Walker captain this week but maybe Dias next week.

Just a personal thing but I'd prefer the one captain/ vice captain system.
When I think of the top teams from a few years ago, they always seemed to have the one captain. I see no advantage to having Walker captain this week but maybe Dias next week.
With so much rotation, it’s more than possible for the captain and vice-captain not to be on the field so having a preordained order keeps things simple.

I think having a leadership group of players has a number of benefits. The great hing though is that City have so many players that could legitimately captain the side: that is a measure of the team’s personality. The current set of captains doesn’t even include the guy who hoisted the treble. Mad depth.

Brentford as whole seem to raise their game against us.
I'm not convinced as I think it's more a matter of our fifty passes backwards and sideways before we approach their area gives them time to man-mark all attacking players. We looked far more dangerous with a few quick breaks in the second half and of course Ederson to Haaland for the second goal summed it up.
They look good on the break but I doubt many teams will play such a high line against them. The keeper made some good saves, but those shots were quite close to him.
Their close marking meant the man on the ball often had no passing option and we lost possession a few times trying to make ambitious passes. We needed someone like Spanish Dave, Phil Foden or SWP who could wriggle out of tight situations and not lose the ball in the process.
They almost did a job on us, but I don't think they are particularly good.

I'm not convinced as I think it's more a matter of our fifty passes backwards and sideways before we approach their area gives them time to man-mark all attacking players. We looked far more dangerous with a few quick breaks in the second half and of course Ederson to Haaland for the second goal summed it up.
They look good on the break but I doubt many teams will play such a high line against them. The keeper made some good saves, but those shots were quite close to him.
Their close marking meant the man on the ball often had no passing option and we lost possession a few times trying to make ambitious passes. We needed someone like Spanish Dave, Phil Foden or SWP who could wriggle out of tight situations and not lose the ball in the process.
They almost did a job on us, but I don't think they are particularly good.
Well, maybe playing us suits them, but it’s usually a tough game and closer than one would hope given the gap in quality. So I still suspect an element of game raising but I don’t watch them regularly so there’s some speculation in there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.