Brentford (H) - PL | Post Match Thread

Tough side, Brentford. Frank is a very capable manager, and one to watch.
Their composure passing from the back is as good as anyone I've seen apart from City.
They deserve respect for coming and playing an offensive game.
Stones and Walker were a bit ropey today. They need to up their games considerably. 2nd half was better from them but only because Brentfords energy/pressing levels dropped.
The difference when Gvardiol and Rodri came on was stark. Rico played well and should have stayed on for Walker. Maybe Pep is wanting to get Walker and Stones playing more minutes.
Shame that Walker shot fizzed over the bar, it would have been a cracker.
Haaland is hitting legendary status, now. His composure is the best I've ever seen. He is ice inside.
Tough game, not a great performance, but a win is a win.
Oh, and the scousers blinking is a right royal bonus, hehehe!!!
Let's hope Spurs fuck the Arse tomorrow as well.
And one more thing... Ederson was outstanding!
I'd say him or Nuno Espirito Santos will be our next manager.

I’m impressed with brentford , well drilled team and gave us a game .They’ll take some points off top 6 but I’m more interested to know how they’ll cope with low blocks of busses we face match in match out .
Tough game after international and some of our big boys are just starting pre season.

Enjoyed the match overall. We were half asleep for the first 15 mins or so. Brentford played some decent football at times but we were much the better side, especially 2nd half. A couple more goals wouldn't have flattered us.

Mate your trying to defend city against a fellow blue.

Alls I'm saying is we were well bellow par and our quality shined through.

Brentford could of been out of site first half.

They played well.
We didn't by our standard's.

I made a point that City were up for it, which is not necessarily liked to how well they played: it’s about attitude and application / effort. You can be up for it but not perform at your best.

These games after an international break are always tough, see livepool, especially against teams that don't lose a lot of players have a week to prepare and are well coached. Getting a win in these games is all that matters.

For about 20 minutes.

They pressed us well early doors, and caused problems, but from about 20 minutes to 80 minutes they didn't do a great deal for me.

They were able to have a bit more of a go at the end, with the subs, and it still only being 2-1, but not sure they actually created very much really.

I'd agree there.

As is often the case in games like this, people get a bit carried away about how good the opponent was. I was impressed by Brentford, up to a point. They are almost always a tricksy opponent for us but to Thomas Frank’s credit he seems to have changed and improved how they play, although I got the impression they were pretty tame against the Scousers? Frank is a fan of Pep’s (and vice-versa to be fair) and he has taken inspiration for there in trying to play out from the back more. They are quick and aggressive and press well. They are still quite direct when it comes to how they play in the opponents’ half and in the end they became pretty obvious and City sussed and snuffed them out.

Even Pep said that Brentford could have extended their early lead, which was assisted by a rare John Stones’ error and did rattle City a bit. However, a combination of some good defensive work by City and a lack of the kind of quality City have meant that they didn’t. So, ultimately, City made more and better chances, had a world class striker who either took chances, hit the woodwork or forced fines saves from their keeper.

City weren’t at their best but they don’t need to be to beat most teams. Better performances will be required in the next week.

He should make the short-list.

I'd prefer we not have to make a list at all, though :/
The club should always have a long list. Short lists are only relevant when you know the manager is going so hopefully we won’t need one for years yet.

Frank might be a contender for the long list but if Txiki was compiling a short list today, I don’t think he’d be on it but these things change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.