Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

I didn't think I would be able to watch that again, but just saw match of the day. Who is our best at winning headers? I think it's probably Stones, maybe Diaz. Certainly Akanji struggled, but he's been good so far this season. Doesn't seem to be his strength. Ake would have been good in this game, he's strong, quick, good header. Shame he got the day off as his misses is about to give birth. Maybe it would have been good to play him at left back if not centre half as Cancelo has been off his game recently.

Finally got round to watching highlights this morning ..Gundogan and Akanji criminal defending for the winner.

Both should be no where near our best 11.

In the good old bad old days I expected nothing less than matching the effort and work rate of the opposition, yesterday as a team we did neither and got what we deserved.

So many people have peddled that this is our best ever squad and it's miles way from it. We have zero depth, no pace to stretch teams. The squad looks stale.

We've ended up with Grealish and Mahrez who the manager doesn't trust.

I don't think we'll win the league. You can't drop points to Brentford, Villa and Newcastle.

Please after so many years, this team has to learn how to see a game out. A draw was good enough given there was a huge parked bus and lack of lubrication between the gears. There will always be days like this but world's best team cannot give away a 90+10 minute goal at home.

No matter how you dress it up our squad is weaker than last season. Gomez and Akanji were not top drawer purchases and I think both will be gone next season. Not purchasing a top drawer left back has yet again left us exposed. Alvarez it’s too early to judge. Haaland is a world class player no doubt, but not sure if he is the right fit. We seem to have one plan as per yesterday to find Haaland. Brentford put three defenders around him to cut out the feed. There was no other plan and you could see the frustration of the team. Kev was expected to thread balls where there was no space to thread them. I can see why Kane was Pep’s first choice and I think he would have been more suited to the team. Don’t get me wrong Haaland is world class and I really hope Pep finds a way to mould the side to have a plan B, when the ball to Haaland isn’t working. Our next purchases in the summer need to be top drawer signings to remain competitive. Personally, I miss wingers that can go past players. The excitement of Leroy and David Silva link up play. Raz when at his best. I just don’t find the football as exciting. The clatter of seats when everyone stood up to watch Leroy dancing past players. We were such an exciting team to watch. I just find the slow football build up with players not taking players on, and the possession safety football dull. I would love Pep to go back to wingers and the exciting football we used to play.

Pep loves control but maybe against teams who come to do what Brentford did set up like we did against Chelsea attacking fullbacks which gives us more space if we make it a basketball type game so be it when you have a Haaland and Alverez we should out score and every team at home! We know pep though he want change!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.