Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

Please after so many years, this team has to learn how to see a game out. A draw was good enough given there was a huge parked bus and lack of lubrication between the gears. There will always be days like this but world's best team cannot give away a 90+10 minute goal at home.
Disagree really, i think we should be going for the win. If we were a team that settles we’d have taken the draw against Fulham. Rare for us to get done like we did yesterday but we still have a point more than we’d have if we’d settled for a point against Fulham too.

Lots to think and chew over after that!!! So I'll just say two things;

Well done Brentford, well played

Quite a lot of City fans need to learn how to lose.
I think for a few people it’s not about the loss. I can accept any loss if the team have given their all. Yesterday there was no desire or effort that is what most people are annoyed at.

Worst performance I have seen for a very long time.

All on Pep. What the fuck was he watching.

Akanji was comical, beaten to every header and positionally all over the shop. Soft as shit.

Phil was crap again wide left, goal notwithstanding.

As for putting him at left-back with Bernie for the set-pieces in the dying minutes, the writing was on the wall.

Gundo should have been hooked in the first half, him and Rodri rarely work against teams who chase down.

The smart move seemed to be Grealish on, Phil to the right, Bernie inside.

Special mention for Cancelo, who spent the entire afternoon being an absolute shithouse and feigning injury. As for his penalty dive, why? The guy would have a clear shot across goal on his left foot.

Kudos to Eddie, Laporte, Bernie and Stones. They played for the team, the rest played within themselves or for themselves.

What a shit result.

The issue is glaring. It's the weakest squad we've had since Pep arrived. We've ended up with a one paced squad that's too easily transitioned on, two fullbacks that the manager actually trusts and forward options that are much of a muchness.

The squad isn't good enough this year.

Lots to think and chew over after that!!! So I'll just say two things;

Well done Brentford, well played

Quite a lot of City fans need to learn how to lose.
Well said but I think its the shock and manner of defeat more than anything.
A family member is a massive Brentford fan and he said it must be close to being the greatest result in the clubs history.He been through the Bees bad days like older Blues have.
City will still win the league Im sure but not the CL, wont win that under Pep.

Made the point yesterday that Pep needs to decide on his best eleven starters and stick with them, tired of seeing different front three and back four iterations every game. He also needs to learn how to swallow his pride and make changes when necessary, how the fuck did he sit through hundred minutes of that yesterday without demanding changes? The answer is hubris.

Thankfully, it's just still early enough in the season for us to get our shit together. But both Arsenal games are now must win.

Why is Akanji playing over Dias? He was shite yesterday and the defending for their goal last min was fucking pathetic.

"Our best right-back is injured. Should we play our 3rd choice centre-back or our 5th choice centre-back in his place?"

How is one of the richest teams in the world in this situation? What were we thinking buying a fifth centre-back in the summer instead of another fullback. The end result is that Dias is on the bench half the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.