Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

Fatigue was a major factor in the loss - the Fulham game really did it and not necessarily the physical side more mental fatigue and one eye on the WC
On another day at least one own would have been given but if it’s not ur day it’s nit! Plenty of fames to come CTID

It was what I feared, the signs were there in the Fulham match, but let’s not be too critical, we have had some significant injuries and apart from Arsenal, still above the rest. We have to play Arsenal twice and Spuds twice, so these will be the critical games in the New Year, and of course like all the other top half clubs we need players back from the World Cup injury free. Our squad is small but quality, but Pep will have time to think about how to overcome all this.

Well you obviously dont have a clue...Hes a fuxking disaster, bit like your fuxking post actually..We both blues last time i looked. And football is about opinions..Hes a full international and absolute shite defender so where shall we play him FULL BACK..what a great idea.. get a grip man and watch a game back sometime..all i see is mistake after mistake..but as i have said..hes useful going forward..Im talking about him as a defender. And my point about Sane, and i wasnt a fan, was PEP didnt let him get away with anything ...But Cancelo he does.. i just dont rate him end of..
You should probably read back the two posts you've made, if you think any of mine have been a disaster. There is a SPECIFIC reason that Cancelo plays for City at fullback. Every fucking player makes a mistake, but the plus you get from Cancelo is greater than any minus, if you don't understand that after watching 6-7 fucking years of Pep producing the best football ever seen in England, then football ain't for you bud.

The euphoria of the last gasp winner against Fulham was just tossed away a week later .Bizarre
I don't think Pep helped tbf in press before the game..''losing to Bournemouth in great scheme of things won't matter...but players missing a World Cup..'' green light to take foot off the gas

It is always difficult to understand why struggle against teams we are expected to beat. At HT, it's clear the team are not performing as expected. I take it for granted that Pep, and his coaching staff, have analysed the problem to be either tactics and/or one or more under-performing players. Pep has the responsibility to change either, or both. After a presumed HT bollocking, if the level is still not as he demands, then, excluding the GK, he can literally change half the team with a bench of world-class plyers. Surely worth a try if nothing else is working? At the end, after the loss, I'm left wondering why he chose not to.

It is always difficult to understand why struggle against teams we are expected to beat. At HT, it's clear the team are not performing as expected. I take it for granted that Pep, and his coaching staff, have analysed the problem to be either tactics and/or one or more under-performing players. Pep has the responsibility to change either, or both. After a presumed HT bollocking, if the level is still not as he demands, then, excluding the GK, he can literally change half the team with a bench of world-class plyers. Surely worth a try if nothing else is working? At the end, after the loss, I'm left wondering why he chose not to.
Would have liked Mahrez and Grealish on for 20-25 mins just to mix it up a bit.

Ugh, 19 straight pages of entitled fans knowing more about football management than Pep does.

The first couple of days after a defeat are always like this.

Hopefully, most of you will be able to move on before we play our next game in 5 weeks or so.

Defeats happen.
They do, but I believe the manner, the timing and the opponent contribute greatly to the disappointment. We looked like shit. We left bullets in the chamber even though we don't play again for 5 or 6 weeks. And we lose to a team that hadn't won a single game on the road in the Prem all season. When you add all those up its understandable that there will be recriminations from fans. I don't fall into the sky is falling group by any means, but I would like it explained how we lose a game like that at home to a team like that. Once we "survived" a dogshit 1st half and somehow came out of it even from Foden's strike there is no excuse for not finding a goal the entire 2nd half against that outfit. At what point does one realize this particular crew isn't cutting it and give some others a go. Its a fair question. It can't be that every time someone raises a question about something Pep may or may have not done the person asking the question gets hit over the head with accusations of disloyalty, blasphemy, being an idiot or an ingrate. Pep's entire resume gets brought into the discussion. Its all so unnecessary and mostly irrelevant. Someone can think Pep is the greatest club level coach of all time and at the same time feel he fucked up something here or there. The two concepts are not mutually exclusive. How do I know? Because I'm one of those fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.