Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

Lethargic performance today. Brentford were well organised. Too many players dreaming of the world cup. That said, we've not been scoring many for the last several games. So, this has been coming. Perhaps the break comes at a good time. Disappointing.

8Unprofessional from a lot of the players with their eye on the World Cup. Cancelo is having a terrible season. Kev another stinker. Haaland had no service. Stones is pathetic at RB, especially going forward. Arsenal huge favourites for the title as they have had a more difficult run of fixtures and are going to be 5 points clear.
Cancelo needs a good kick up the arse for sure. I am somewhat worried about the rest of the season we appear to be a bit disjointed. The gap to the gunners does not concern me but we have room for improvement. It will be a frustrating six weeks methinks.

Trying to figure out how in a set up where you can bring in 5 SUBSTITUTES and you play 10 minutes of stoppage time you use ONE. It makes no sense from an intelligent and logistical perspective.

Love Gundo but he was visibly gassed by midpoint of the 2nd thrashed wildly at at least two shots yet was still on the pitch at the final whistle.

Pathetic how Cancelo was fishing for that penalty and imo it's become the mindset... we can't seem to break down these types of teams so we'll hope for a cheap pen to save us.

Just don't get it. We saunter out there like we expect other lower clubs to just roll over and they make us look bad... I kind of wish they'd scored that 3rd goal to impress upon our players how much harder they need to work.

And our fans sit back expecting to be entertained vs. getting off their backsides and yelling and screaming in support.

We deserved this in the end and hopefully with the break we can come back next month refocused. Just hope the spectre of multiple weeks of meaningful international competition doesn't hamstring us with a few major losses due to injury.

Shocker, right from the off….half-hearted performance from us. Some well below par performances, most of them at the back…Stones..Akanji…Cancelo….gash.
Gundogan has looked spent this season in midfield, another poor show from him this afternoon.
KDB could barely find a pass.
Haaland in the wrong places at the wrong times
Cancelo can seriously go and do one…is having a dreadful season, lost the ball & conceded the foul that led to their 1st goal
It wasn't working in the 1st half and it wasn't working 30 minutes into the 2nd half but Pep seemed to think it was all going well.
Akanji is looking like a bit of a cart horse, lacks pace and got skinned for both their goals
Annoying, have to sit and stew on that for a month now...
Looking at the season, been some poor showings...Newcastle away, Palace 1st half at home, whole match at Liverpool, today, Leicester away was iffy
We seem quite lethargic at times

You clearly don’t understand nuance, tight here now arsenal are the best team and playing better football, they have had a far harder run in

Were miles off and Arsenal are odds on to win on that basis

Arsenal don’t stroll around disinterested for 90 mins like today
i dont think you know what odds on means since i just told you Arsenal are currently actually 9/2

A bad day at the office really. Ederson aside, I don’t think there is another positive to take from that performance.

We haven’t really played well since beating United and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that it’s since Walker has been out injured.
It's normal since he's been out to look back in hindsight on things differently but Walker was absolutely awful as well when he was fit and playing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.