Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

On the packed tram home now. Fucking dreadful from start to finish. A few of us called a Brentford winner and sadly we were right Anti football but they deserved it and could have scored more. Ref atrocious as per normal. We're going to need a plan B for when they nullify Haaland.like today. Too many off the pace, last week we got away with it, this week not. It's going to be a fucking long six weeks now.

Think it’s unfair to call them anti-football. They had a game plan which worked and they had some moments of proper quality in the game.

I’d argue that our boring, slow and sideways passing is more anti-football than what Brentford produced today.

Isn't it funny how the ref only saw the Brentford players allover us in the box when the corner wasn't taken, but as soon as they were he saw fuck all.

I'm sorry but the handball is clearly on the line, the if you aren't sure don't give it was bollocks. Clear pen.

After saying that, we were poor today, haaland wasn't fit either and Pep had a bad day. Their is along way to go though so let's see what happens in the new year.

I agree with you about cancelo as he is never in this world a full back . Great on the ball going forward but we have enough of them and would much rather have someone who can defend .

the problem is not having Walker at right back because the setup is so strange using 3 centre backs and cancelo

We needed a worldy of a free kick to beat Leicester. We needed a softish last minute penalty against Fulham (granted, we played with 10 men and worked so hard) to win and we just got beaten by Brentford at home. That score could have been so much worse if not for 3 top saves by Ederson. We’ve taken 6 points from a possible 9. Whilst we all would have thought that “on paper” we should have taken 9, on performance, probably ended up with more than we deserved.

The blueprint is there for all to see over the last 3 matches. Opposition teams Get mass numbers behind the ball, play two defensive lines with little space between them, keep the majority of the defensive players within the width of the penalty box so as to create even more congestion and limit the space for City to play into.

They then break fast when the inevitable happens and city turn the ball over having pushed everyone forward/inside the opposition half. The amount of times in these matches where the opposition has had as many if not more players than us when they’re on the counter attack is alarming. This is exacerbated by the fact that we have very little pace.

It’s a really disappointing result to head into the World Cup break with. We could (will likely) be 5-points behind at the restart. Lots of football still to be played and I certainly won’t write this team off just yet. Let’s hope they come back firing for the back two thirds of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.