Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

hey I keep getting hammered every time i point out how gash cancelo is...Most others were today though.
I agree with you about cancelo as he is never in this world a full back . Great on the ball going forward but we have enough of them and would much rather have someone who can defend .

Back down to earth with a bump! I'm fuckin pissed the fuck off!

Well played Brentford! They came with their physical, pacey 5-3-2, snuffed out our wide attacks, crowded their penalty area & we had no answers to get past their red & white wall!

We were poor in the first 20 mins & it was little surprise Brentford went ahead. We controlled the game, but just huffed & puffed around their area as we tried to get through up to 9 of their outfield players massed in their box.

I said on 15 minutes that only individual worldies would get us a result, & we saw one from Foden to equalise on the stroke of halftime.

VAR was frustrating, but aside from the Laporte foul I had no issues. As for the foul on Laporte, if him being wrestled to the ground isn't a penalty, then what the fuck is! \0/

None of our players particularly stood out & we suffered through not having an overlapping right back, which is why I barely saw Bernardo for the first 35 mins.

On a final note, I said at the start of the season, Gomez, Alvarez, Akanji & Philips would be key this season. Gomez isn't ready for regular PL/CL football, so with Walker out we've literally ONE senior full back AGAIN! Philips has been injured all season so far, Alvarez has been a moderate success, but only Akanji can be considered a success so far this season.

We need to sort out this full back issue which has been plaguing us for years! I'm fuckin sick & tired of playing a right back as left back & our first FB reserves being centre backs. We've gotta do better! :-|

It was Ivan Toney's day, so we've got 6 weeks to pick ourselves up, lick our wounds, dust ourselves down & prepare to go again.
All other pen shouts were iffy but Laporte being dragged down was clear as day. Can't wait to get Walker back so we don't have 3 centre halves on at once. Brentford deserved the win. Grealish had maybe his best performance last match albeit no goals then doesn't get a minute. We needed fresher legs today. Let hope Arsenal stumble later

I missed the after match interview.I turned over.

Did he really say the players are knackered ?

If "Yes" then it is even more bizarre.......because it means he saw the players were struggling and still didn't make changes.

He really is difficult to understand.

he has been saying it for weeks ? I also missed the after match interview, got a plane to catch to the world cup

The positive from this loss, pep can now stop his fucking 'lets see if the players respond to me' pish. Let's see how he reponds now, sign and show you are up for the fight.

This one’s on pep. How Gundo and KDB stayed on till the end was staggering they was fucking awful and then you take a defender off and put Foden there and guess what the goal comes down that side.
One thing I noticed was that there seemed to be a clear directive today to shoot from distance.

Maybe the break has come at a good time for us. Apart from two excellent goalkeeping displays we could have lost this match by more and also lost the Chelsea match.In addition are we now trying too quickly to find Haaland all the time instead of using other attacking methodology.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.