Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

The Boys in Blue didn’t give in. They fought to the end. Thank you lads, thank you City, thank you fans. It wasn’t to be today. I take full responsibility I shouldn’t have gone as I obviously brought them bad luck!! :-(
Wholehearted apologies. Sorry. :-(

Just arrived back at my car sitting in the car park ready to turn on the engine so I’ve not seen any remarks yet. I’ll read later!!

Think it’s unfair to call them anti-football. They had a game plan which worked and they had some moments of proper quality in the game.

I’d argue that our boring, slow and sideways passing is more anti-football than what Brentford produced today.

That's because of their packed well drilled defence. They did a number on us and as I said could have scored more. For their budget they played the perfect game.

On the packed tram home now. Fucking dreadful from start to finish. A few of us called a Brentford winner and sadly we were right Anti football but they deserved it and could have scored more. Ref atrocious as per normal. We're going to need a plan B for when they nullify Haaland.like today. Too many off the pace, last week we got away with it, this week not. It's going to be a fucking long six weeks now.
They just surrounded Haaland with a back 9.

KDB and Gundogan were doing nothing as bad as i have ever seen.

KDB literally started all Brentford counter,and suspiciously looked to Bottle out of a 50/50 for their second(fuck that i am going to the World Cup) with his shite passing. Gundogan was dead on his Feet.

I would have though moving Bernado central,taking off KDB for Jack Grealish,and replacing Gundogan with Alvarexz were what was needed.

Grealish won Villa a shit load of penalties by inviting challenges in the Box.We never make the most of this.

I’m as much as a happy clapper as you’ll meet when it comes to this team and manager but there was very very little to be happy about today.
We can get away with maybe one or two not being at it on any given day but when it’s the majority of the starting 11 you are going to end up with results like that
Kev’s worst game I can remember and whilst deserving of credit for his goal line clearance was a bit of a liability.
The midfield just looked like they were out for a Sunday morning stroll in the park, the lack of fight and urgency was not pretty to watch. Akanji, who has deserved praise so far was like a fish out of water and whilst happy to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope it was just a one off, he has to be better. Forward line again, just not at it and far too many wrong choices made in decent positions, really felt for Haaland who must have been getting pissed off with the quality of crosses and through balls.
Pep deserves his fair share of criticism today as well.
Only Laporte and Eddie for me are worthy of being let off from too much grief.
Bad bad day at the office but it’s done now and we can only hope that in 6 weeks time we find our rhythm which has been lacking a bit recently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.