Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

We have played well in patches but even the second half against the rags had some slack defending.
The game where Pep subbed every one o our players that was ripping the Rags a new Arse Hole.

He makes no Subs i swear we would have scored 9 goals.

Instead Pep saved them from being mauled.

I was actually angry that day,we could have,and should have destroyed them.

All he had to do was nothing,......... like today.

Too pedestrian. Too many not running that extra yard or putting their foot in. You get what you deserve at football and Brentford deserved the three points. Pep as stubborn as ever regarding substitutions even though everyone could see the deficiencies. Break will do us good. Roll on back end of December.

Well to start with, credit to Brentford. They kept an organised defence and every counter attack was dangerous.

We looked poor and very predictable due to Haaland. The lad scored loads so far but I’m not sure yet he improves our game. And it’s not his fault directly. But we try to play him all the time.

Anyway. Shit happens. Let’s get back to winning ways … in 6-7 weeks time.

I agree. We are very one paced and slow in the build up which is difficult to watch against a deep defence.
yeah, this result has been coming for a long time, what happened to us flying out of the traps at the start of both halfs like we used to instead of playing at walking pace, even when we draw teams out we still walk forward instead of breaking at pace

This team needs an injection of pace.

We've been getting away with it in the last few league games.

I don't buy this teams dig in and play with an extra 10 per cent agaisnt us.

We are easy to play against. If we are not on it with the quick passes and interchanges it makes it easy for defenders.

We could still be playing now and we'd still be aimlessy crossing balls in to the box.

Or getting to the edge of the box and then going back to the half way line.
We are so predictable.

We give teams the the incendency to get 10 men behind the ball as they have all the time in the world to do it!

There is always a performance like today in us at least once a season. Hopefully that's that out the way.!

Haaland had the movement of a lamppost today. Even I can mark something that never moves. Not sure if he was still unfit, but he was fucking awful all afternoon. He wasn’t on his own but should have been better. Maybe when he looked to his right and saw Stones about to make another terrible effort at a cross his heart sank. Anyway, he was shit today.
He looked well off it so can only presume it was fitness related. I think there may be some truth to the Stones theory and I don’t blame him.

There was a lot of arrogance in the pre match thread thinking we'd win about 4 or 5 nil
There is no arrogance, can’t fans be confident in their team that they have seen for years?

We lost but it has nothing to do with fans being confident.

It is. As well as Brentford defended, we were dreadful with our crossing today and when we did get it right no one was taking the chance and running in at the back post
It was a case of Haaland or nothing
Who were we crossing to? There was Haaland surrounded by THREE CB's so even he stood little chance.

Pep was out-thought today. We had few answers & our lack of overlapping width on the right told.

Balls over the top of Haaland's head twice or three times if I recall correctly. Can't keep leaving it late to find a winner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.