Missed the game due a family event.

Just looked at the score/stats….
75% possession.
29 shots. TWENTY NINE!!!!!!
10 corners.
Get beat 1-2

OF FUCKING COURSE WE DID

This was coming for a long time
How many of those 29 were true chances and how many of the 29 were on target?
I immediately recall one shot each by our three recognised centre halves and each one almost clearing the stadium

What a poor performance. How do we end up with so much pressure and absolutely nothing happening in the box? Side to side and back again. Just throw the bloody ball in there occasionally just like Brentford did at every opportunity. Our reluctance to put balls in the box effectively meant we were doing Brentford's defending for them!

We cannot continue with Stones being the player who's so advanced on the right and Laporte on the left. They are decent players but cannot unlock defences. We ended up with bloody Gundogan chasing back as last defender for their winner after losing all shape and discipline.

So on Wednesday most of the forum where bemoaning the fact grealish and mahrez where playing against Chelsea. Yet now because pep didn’t take off gundogan and foden (who just scored an unbelievable equaliser) at half time he is in the wrong.

This place is mental after a bad result. We where up against a 5 at the back so we needed width to stretch the pitch. Unfortunately due to injury (as well as neglect in transfer window) we only have one senior fit full back.

The players didn’t turn up, they clearly had the World Cup on their minds (which is a career highlight for most players). It’s that simple.
which is exactly why grealish and mahrez should have came on for the width, bernardo was wasted out wide

Just home from the game and I have no doubt what I am thinking has already been said.

That was the worst performance for as long as I can remember. We were awful all over the pitch with not a single player coming out of the game with any credit, with the exception of Ederson, who managed to keep the score respectable.

Our players look as though they need a good rest, definitely not another month of football at the World Cup.

Brentford deserved their win and to be honest the margin could have been much wider.

which is exactly why grealish and mahrez should have came on for the width, bernardo was wasted out wide
They play inverted so without an overlapping full back it would have been even more narrow and condensed in the middle.

The fact we went into the season with Walker and cancelo as our only 2 senior full back options is a mistake however. Sometimes we are a bit complacent in the transfer market imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.