Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

Sure everything that could be said will have already been said about that shit show, but the one overriding issue that drives me and my lad to distraction is the lack of pace in our side, it’s quite shocking how slow so many of our players are.

That said, in a world cup year where so many players are preoccupied, then 32 points from first 14 games is just about acceptable.

Pep needs to give his head a wobble about making subs, no excuse again for that today.
Agree. We need pace on the wings to open up the game. Attacking a pen box with 11 behind the ball is crap. I was all for the inverted wingers but i don’t like it. Haaland needs space and good delivery. Playing infront of packed teams each game is exhausting.

A modified approach is needed. For me that has been the biggest change in philosophy and it just don’t work. The margin for error is so small playing this way. Possession has gone to pep’s head.

The lady behind joked to me at half-time, 'I didn't think you ever swore like that!'

I gave it the full lexicon today. It was like going to a Michelin starred restaurant and being served burnt beans on toast.
It's OK for them earning thousands of pounds every week
But when fans are counting every penny today was an absolute insult.

One of those (thankfully rare these days) inexplicable performances. When they happen it seems to follow a predictable pattern, opposition sits deep, is well organised, quick on the break and happy to indulge in the odd bit of shithousery. Whilst we look leggy and devoid of width and ideas other than clipping soft hopeful balls into their area. Why it happens I’m fucked if I know, maybe today was World Cup distraction.

Didn’t he play Toney onside for his first?

What about Akanji being completely outjumped for the first ball?

He was nothing short of a disgrace. Pep spent most of the afternoon telling the clown where to stand.

Today we discovered that he is one of those defenders who looks very good when not being asked to defend or physically compete.

The thing that’s annoying is this was a carbon copy of the Fulham game and Pep learnt nothing.

This has been coming for ages against a lesser team , finally Kev or Erling couldn’t drag us over the line.

Best we played all year was against the rags
Phil right and jack left

Weird how he hasn’t played that since.

One of those (thankfully rare these days) inexplicable performances. When they happen it seems to follow a predictable pattern, opposition sits deep, is well organised, quick on the break and happy to indulge in the odd bit of shithousery. Whilst we look leggy and devoid of width and ideas other than clipping soft hopeful balls into their area. Why it happens I’m fucked if I know, maybe today was World Cup distraction.
We’ve had quite a few of ‘those days’ this season, masked by Haaland’s clinical finishing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.