Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

Dreadful. We never did enough to be worthy of the win today. Some many players not at it today. A mystery why Pep left it till 85 minutes to make a change. He should have made at least 3 changes on 70 minutes. Haaland clearly far from fit and never threatened. Brentford stuck to their plan and today we had no answer to it.
Haaland had zero service

Happy Birthday Saddeworth ...My 73rd today .Typical City . Got to go out for a meal with the family and appear happy,

Happy birthday to you also Nelly.

At 73, you have already seen too many performances like today!!

Enjoy the meal with your family.

Honestly, some of those players today won't even give the fans a second thought.

What about Akanji being completely outjumped for the first ball?

He was nothing short of a disgrace. Pep spent most of the afternoon telling the clown where to stand.

Today we discovered that he is one of those defenders who looks very good when not being asked to defend or physically compete.
Did we win any headers today, or second balls for that matter, we seemed slow all over the pitch, slow in movement, slow in thought and slow to make the changes.

What about Akanji being completely outjumped for the first ball?

He was nothing short of a disgrace. Pep spent most of the afternoon telling the clown where to stand.

Today we discovered that he is one of those defenders who looks very good when not being asked to defend or physically compete.
All the defenders were appalling today imo, completely out fought, out muscled and beaten for pace.

Made Ivan Toney look like prime real Ronaldo.

I think it is down to Haaland being upfront vs Jesus. Jesus was basically another midfielder for us as he dropped so deep and pressed so hard. We have less control now as you said thus exposing our real lack of pace in the midfield.
Yep.
Typical City, we add the worlds best striker but actually become a worse side ha

We'll see come the end of this season if these players are still buying in to what Pep wants. It's not just today's performance, it's been the last couple of months where results have papered over the cracks somewhat.
I just don't see a style of play anymore, certainly not one which is going to scare teams, it's slow and laboured, too much sideways and backward passing, hoof in to the box from a wide player hope Erling's head gets on it.
I really hope it is down to the World Cup that we've seen an ease off in players performances , all will be revealed when it recommences late December

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.