Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

Deluded, better team won by employing tactics that suited a 100m squad against 1Bn squad.
Not deluded. Yes, a poor performance, but we weren’t beaten by the better team. Brentford would’ve bitten our hand off for a draw at any point. We had the control of the game to win it, in the end we should’ve called it a day and taken the point.

The thing that’s annoying is this was a carbon copy of the Fulham game and Pep learnt nothing.

This has been coming for ages against a lesser team , finally Kev or Erling couldn’t drag us over the line.

Best we played all year was against the rags
Phil right and jack left

Weird how he hasn’t played that since.
Sometimes we stumble on the correct personal and pep will revert back to the main goal which is to keep possession. I hope the break will give him time to look at the approach and modify were needed. This obsession with trying to pass into a packed pen box is madness without a Dave silva on the pitch. Our quality of passing in the opposition box is crap and has been now for a while. Possession madness with no end result.

The only way most teams in this league beat us is to put 9 men in front of their box and hit us on the break. Most times it doesn't work but today it did. Shit happens.

Good lord, everytime we lose its the refs fault, or VAR or any other excuse, except the truth, which is we were poor today and didn't deserve to win, just take it on the chin, the players and manager were to blame for today
Fucks sake!
I'd already said that KDB, Cancelo, Rodri and Akanji had beyond awful games and that Guardiola had to take responsibility as well

Not deluded. Yes, a poor performance, but we weren’t beaten by the better team. Brentford would’ve bitten our hand off for a draw at any point. We had the control of the game to win it, in the end we should’ve called it a day and taken the point.
You have just answered it, we didn't do either and lost, so it's on the managers and the players

This is our problem I think. Cancelo is a pretty average right back but at least can play there. But we have no left back at all. That is unacceptable. Bought another CB for some reason ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . So when our defence is a very poor left back (who is really an average right back) Two decent CBs, and a decent CB playing as a rb when he really can’t do it.. we are asking from trouble. It affects our build up and our attack as well as obviously leading to ineffective defending. We can’t go a season expecting to get away with it as we have done.

I questioned it weeks ago ? did a threat in the transfer window about selling a centre back and buying a full back

it's so unbalanced and not right for the rest of the team going forward, it's like teams can read us so much easier,
we only have one way of playing unless we use the big cross field pass, so teams can sit in 2 banks of 4, or get all players behind the ball because of nobody is offering an overlap without wing backs,

if we don't sign a new full back or 2, then I see more problems going forward, walker is injury prone and age is not on his side to stay fit long enough with the demand put on him by pep,

we are so close to having a great young squad that only needs a couple of fullbacks to be winning everything,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.