Brentford (H) - Sat 14th Sept, 15:00 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last team to beat us in 90 minutes at The Etihad. November 2022 in the last domestic game before the World Cup. I’m sure we were on a winning streak at home at the time as well.

Would love us to give them a spanking for that. 3-0 City for me.
They played well that day, Toney won everything in the air, in both central and wider positions, and cleverly nodded into vacant spaces where the likes of mbuemo were ready and quicker to pick up possession. Not very City-like for us, but Brentford played their game-plan to perfection. Bastards.
Was all well come May again though...

The last team to beat us in 90 minutes at The Etihad. November 2022 in the last domestic game before the World Cup. I’m sure we were on a winning streak at home at the time as well.

Would love us to give them a spanking for that. 3-0 City for me.
The timing of the defeat was as hard to take as much as the result. Had to wait weeks before the next game etc.

Think we'll see Walker and Gundo start as they had a break and we need to get Walker some minutes now. No idea the rest. Imagine Rodri will be back in too. Hope Savinho is fit.

They played well that day, Toney won everything in the air, in both central and wider positions, and cleverly nodded into vacant spaces where the likes of mbuemo were ready and quicker to pick up possession. Not very City-like for us, but Brentford played their game-plan to perfection. Bastards.
Was all well come May again though...
Toney gave the City defence a torrid afternoon. I can’t remember Akanji winning even one header. Their tactics of launching it long by the keeper seemed poor at first but as the game went on, it worked for them. Really felt depressed leaving the ground.

Toney gave the City defence a torrid afternoon. I can’t remember Akanji winning even one header. Their tactics of launching it long by the keeper seemed poor at first but as the game went on, it worked for them. Really felt depressed leaving the ground.
I mean the vast majority of the team had other things on their minds with the WC imminent, I don't expect the same on Saturday

As did I - especially as I had a three hour drive back home with a Brentford fan, who couldn't believe his luck - he takes me to the Brentford home game vs City - so I then had to watch them do the double over us at the end of the season - but we'd already won the league and were resting players for the FA Cup Final & Chimps League Final by then. As they say: 'all's well that ends well' - and it did!! But imagine the odds you'd have got on Brentford doing the double over us. Hopefully Saturday will be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.