Brentford (H) - Tues 20th Feb, 19:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't start Walker. His head hasn't been in it for awhile now. Akanji isn't up to speed after his injury and Julian is wasted in midfield. Lewis, Bernando and Stones in for me, but Kovacic, Nunes and Bobb have all looked good recently and deserve more playing time.

I wish refs would see it the way we see it, but there would be a stark difference between the way the two 'physicalities' are treated. Our physical side will see him ripping off his pocket to get out a yellow, and VAR will offer Brentford any number of pens for the slightest contact that wouldn't waft a feather of a highly polished table. And Brentford? Well. apart from their goalie taking anything upto a minute over each goal kick, and every time the ball hits a Brentford player they will be down needing treatment, and when they are up they will have upto five or six bone-crunching tackles before the ref remembers what those cards are for! More of the same old!
Wouldn't waste your breath (or typing) tbh mate. I don't have any issues with them being physical as long as its not over the top, the other week they were taking the piss at times and the ref said fuck all. I do think in the game we need to manage them better, Toney backing in on defenders and winning those kind of duels every time cannot happen - but even Chelsea managed to win those against us. I think Pep will probably once again but an emphasis on winning the second ball, which is perfectly fine but we need the bodies there to be able to do it.

Just voted my prediction.

Sadly, my actual prediction was not among the choices.

My actual prediction:

WE'D BETTER FUCKIN' WIN THIS!

Where are you , we near La Rosiere. 10 euro a pint. Costing us 160 a session

Had to go on to Google Maps to locate you. Couldn't believe the price you're paying for a pint, and then I saw that you're in the Alps, i.e. ski station territory. Now makes a bit more sense. I live about ten minutes on the train from the industrial town of Valenciennes, in the far, far north. The price of a pint is significantly more reasonable, because we're in a working-class area here and people wouldn't stand for it. That said, Lille (about 30k away) is very expensive, not far off Parisian prices, especially for rent and property (which are through the roof). That's what happens to every town once the TGV (high speed train) gets to it. Because suddenly Paris becomes commutable. You'll see when HS2 gets to Birmingham. You'll have loads of people commuting on a daily basis from Brum to London, but it'll send Brum prices up too. That's what would have happened had HS2 got to Manchester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.