Brentford (H) - Tues 20th Feb, 19:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Alvarez will start again tonight, we know how Pep is with these kind of things - he usually doubles down on it. But teams that play a deep block are fine for him, where we struggle is teams that counter us because he leaves huge holes in the middle, Brentford will mostly counter direct. Brentford are a physical team, i think we need to go physical at the back to match them.

Ederson

Akanji - Stones - Dias - Ake

Rodri

KDB - Foden

Bernardo - Haaland - Doku

I think Alvarez will start again tonight, we know how Pep is with these kind of things - he usually doubles down on it. But teams that play a deep block are fine for him, where we struggle is teams that counter us because he leaves huge holes in the middle, Brentford will mostly counter direct. Brentford are a physical team, i think we need to go physical at the back to match them.

Ederson

Akanji - Stones - Dias - Ake

Rodri

KDB - Foden

Bernardo - Haaland - Doku
I wish refs would see it the way we see it, but there would be a stark difference between the way the two 'physicalities' are treated. Our physical side will see him ripping off his pocket to get out a yellow, and VAR will offer Brentford any number of pens for the slightest contact that wouldn't waft a feather of a highly polished table. And Brentford? Well. apart from their goalie taking anything upto a minute over each goal kick, and every time the ball hits a Brentford player they will be down needing treatment, and when they are up they will have upto five or six bone-crunching tackles before the ref remembers what those cards are for! More of the same old!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.