Brewdog beer

Not to my knowledge, not one that I know at least. Maybe a geographical thing. The mid to pate 2000s, brewdog were the only ones doing it at a recognizable scale. Then 2012-14 it exploded and everyone was on it. More have boomed and busted than lasted.

Ferkin pubs were early 90s

The flea and ferking on Oxford Rd was the Manchester one they all brewed thier beers onsite.

Why? I'm not disagreeing it is piss. I can't see what makes it trendy, it was tendy back in the day, it is just mainstream now, plenty other trendy no-mark beers popping up

Some trends take longer to run their course than others. I have friends who have started drinking it in the past couple of years.

It must cost a lot to produce good quality beer. I bought two cans of Ella IPA from Zapato in Marsden before I realised they were nearly £5 a takeaway tin, but I didn’t want to look tight so I bought them. It was beautiful beer. I think if you want a good tasty beer you have pay for it

Some trends take longer to run their course than others. I have friends who have started drinking it in the past couple of years.

Fair enough. it has kinda run its course here, was trendy over a decade ago, now it is just another big brand. It was also a lot better as a beer back then, it has slipped. Too much effort on forcing variety and multiple flavours, and getting their pubs social media photogenic imo. Probably in an effort to keep up with its own growth. Dead pony club and elvis juicenare still nice, but plenty similar alternatives.

Ferkin pubs were early 90s

The flea and ferking on Oxford Rd was the Manchester one they all brewed thier beers onsite.

Cheers, passed me by. They may well have been the previous ones. These got somewhat lucky with the timing of how quickly the trend spread, and then maybe slightly unlucky in how quickly the market got flooded i.e saturated with everyone doing it. But in some ways thats what they so claimed they wanted for the good of the whole industry and culture.

Not to my knowledge, not one that I know at least. Maybe a geographical thing. The mid to pate 2000s, brewdog were the only ones doing it at a recognizable scale. Then 2012-14 it exploded and everyone was on it. More have boomed and busted than lasted.
As a student used to visit the Pheasant and Firkin in Goswell Road London,early 80's. They had a glass window in the floor where you could see the beer being brewed. My favourite was Dogbolter. A few of those gave you a serious night out and a serious hangover.
As for Brewdog. Tescos used to have an IPA which was about 9%, in a small bottle, but it had a fine taste.Made by Brewdog from memory. Currently their offerings of flavoured beer,lemon,grapefruit etc. has lost my vote.

Last edited:
As a student used to visit the Pheasant and Firkin in Goswell Road London,early 80's. They had a glass window in the floor where you could see the beer being brewed. My favourite was Dogbolter. A few of those gave you a serious night out and a serious hangover.
As for Brewdog. Tescos used to have an IPA which was about 9%, in a small bottle, but it had a fine taste.Made by Brewdog from memory. Currently their offerings of flavoured beer,lemon,grapefruit etc. has lost my vote.

Yep the flea n firkin had the brewery and equipment behind a big glass wall if I remember and you could see it all as you supped your ale.

The Lass O'Gowrie did the same and had viewing windows in the floor

Those bottles were called ‘nips’ in the trade. Not doubting you, but it was more common for the old boys to add it to their bitter. A barley wine in a mild, especially a dark mild, would taste pretty awful in my opinion.
A mate of mine in Barrow used to only drink Holsten Pils mixed with Barley wine. I tried it and had one of the worst hangovers ever!
Never See Holsten Pils any more; is it still available?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.