Brian Horton

Very nice, approachable bloke. Used to see him a lot when my lads played cricket at Poynton.

Met him a couple of times and he's a very nice guy. Once he was happy enough to chat about the game in general to a bunch of pissed up city fans in an Indian restaurant in cheadle whilst out with his missus.

Clear he has respect from the fans still for what he was about during his time with us, I think the fact he advocated bringing in some actual technical players rather than pure cloggers was appreciated, especially at a time when we were not considered more than a yo-yo team.

The start of '94 season up to new year we saw really exciting football. I remember actually looking forward to going to Maine Rd to watch his City side. We fell away in the new year but still had that amazing win at Blackburn.
As a footnote, I remember footage of him at the swamp derby. The City fans were singing and he turned to, (I think Tony Book) to ask what we were singing. You could read the lips "fcuk off back to London."

He's still revered by us which tells you how well he did.
Very likable fella who always has a good word to say about us.
I'm sure he said after he left that We was just 1 or 2 signings away from mounting a challenge for the top.
Great memories.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.