Brian Horton

Came alive around Easter to stay up twice, we looked gone in 94 and borderline in 95 before the 3 and 2 win sequencies respectively.

We were not mathematically safe in 94 on the last day, but needed a combination of results to go wrong and a 7 goal swing playing a in form Wednesday. In 95 4 teams went down, after Norwich got beat mid week at Leeds we were okay. The great attacking football was occasional, but he did it when needed and down to the wire, and he tightened up a bit after the 5-0 defeat.

Really enjoyed the football we played when he was in charge. I know results weren't always the best, but after the turgid football we had played under Reid, it was somewhat refreshing to watch us knocking it around.

In addition, his "its over/I told you it wasn't over" commentary on the playoff final always makes me smile.

Happy Birthday Brian.

Brian Horton was doing co commentating on the radio of the City v Newcastle match just after Christmas (think it was on 5 live). As always, when talking about City he came across as very reasonable and generally positive and clearly seems to still have quite an affinity towards us.

Happy birthday Brian. Played some good stuff at times under him, despite the off field turmoil. Remember his punditry at Wembley in '99..."thats it game over" at 2-0 to Gillingham....before a few minutes later "I said this wasnt over".
Met him at services on our way to Grimsby when he was at Hudds, had a brief chat and he wished us well, decent fella, even if he was part of Luton team that relegated us in '83.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.