Brian Kidd - I'd love to hear his thoughts on proceedings

Leeds United hated Brian Kidd . I know he used to play for us . But he does have a dark side to him in being coach and player at Man United . I like Brian Kidd but I would love to ask him who do you like the most City or Man United ?

KippaxCitizen said:
He doesn't say a lot but when he does speak he's someone i really take notice of. He's proper down to Earth and speaks real sense. I'm glad he has remained at the club with the new bunch.
Totally agree, very pleased he was kept on as continuity by the club.

hallstreetblue said:
I know of two lads that dislike him mate. I remember these lads standing on the kippax back in the 80's, Thing is though, they don't seem to recall this and categorically deny having anything to do with anything Blue. Anyway, they have the cheek to call Kiddo a turn coat. I think they turned coats, after we were relegated under John Benson, back in 83. Wankers!
I assume these are two rags (now) ? I wouldn't worry too much about their opinion of Kidd, one thing he'll never be is a turncoat, I'm sure he's still got plenty of friends at OT. Not many have played and coached both sides of a city divide. Kidd deserves full respect from both sides, if only for the way he has conducted himself on both sides.

As an aside, I remember when Kidd stayed on last summer, platt was also offered a role in the club, which he declined.

I strongly suspect he's regretting it now. Has he got another job?

baildon blue said:
Leeds United hated Brian Kidd . I know he used to play for us . But he does have a dark side to him in being coach and player at Man United . I like Brian Kidd but I would love to ask him who do you like the most City or Man United ?

With a few exceptions, People who work In football don't have allegiances like you and I have. So I'm sure he has warm memories of his time at old Trafford but city are his employers and so are his club.

Didsbury Dave said:
As an aside, I remember when Kidd stayed on last summer, platt was also offered a role in the club, which he declined.

He didn't stay out of loyalty to Mancini. You would think he was doing something at Galatasaray.

Didsbury Dave said:

To be fair to platt, waterboy was a huge step down......

Obviously I jest but it won't be far from the truth!!!!

baildon blue said:
I couldn't care less personally, it certainly wouldn't change my opinion of him.

Having been lucky enough to see him play here, I'm glad that he's here now, in what is probably the twilight of his career, and he must be loving being part of this management team, watching the most attacking side in england in many decades, playing football the way it was designed to be played.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Didsbury Dave said:

It's good enough for kiddo ;-)

He didn't stay out of loyalty to Mancini. You would think he was doing something at Galatasaray.[/quote]

Well he's not, but most of the old Italian coaching staff we had are there.

Didsbury Dave said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Didsbury Dave said:

It's good enough for kiddo ;-)

Him and Ruben seem pretty close, always chuckling away like schoolboys

You can also see kiddo loves to celebrate, under Cesar this was more reserved

We have our very own Lemmon and Matthau, keep an eye out for the two, thick as thieves (:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.