Brian Kidd - I'd love to hear his thoughts on proceedings

He is a top bloke.

And it just goes to show the importance of continuity when a new manager is appointed.

I said this on another thread but Moyes getting rid of the GPC's coaching staff was a massive error. All having to get used to the playing staff and no continuity for the players themselves.

I think Kiddo has been integral to the smooth transition from RM to MP.

Don't take this wrong as I think he's a great bloke with the club's best interests at heart, but what does he actually do?

The Flash said:
He is a top bloke.

And it just goes to show the importance of continuity when a new manager is appointed.

I said this on another thread but Moyes getting rid of the GPC's coaching staff was a massive error. All having to get used to the playing staff and no continuity for the players themselves.

I think Kiddo has been integral to the smooth transition from RM to MP.
Very good quote Flash

Tourist since 1971 said:
Don't take this wrong as I think he's a great bloke with the club's best interests at heart, but what does he actually do?
Flash said exactly what I was thinking - continuity , and also he is steeped in the whole City ethos and history !
( sorry , I forgot we don't have any)

I love Kiddo top top player for us ..............quality and an outstanding coach and confidant for Pell, he has a brilliant tactical understanding of the English game i'm sure much valued by Pellegrini when he was transferring to our game. He's very important to us and long may he continue, the delight on his face during games in the last 2 months tells everyone he's more comfortable and enjoying his job more than ever.

Tourist since 1971 said:
He's down as co-assistant manager with Ruben. I'm sure he does plenty more than put cones out and carry the water bottles, just knowing the characters round the club will be invaluable to the new team. I very much doubt that City, the way we are run now, would keep him in that role just for sentimental reasons.

Got to say Brian Kidd looks more happy now than when Mancini was here . I think there is more dialogue between Pellergrini and Kidd .

cleavers said:
Tourist since 1971 said:
He's down as co-assistant manager with Ruben. I'm sure he does plenty more than put cones out and carry the water bottles, just knowing the characters round the club will be invaluable to the new team. I very much doubt that City, the way we are run now, would keep him in that role just for sentimental reasons.

I think when he was first brought to the club it was to oversee kids between the ages of 14-18yrs...with the fall-off-out rate of prospects between these ages being earmarked to be a problem and Kiddo's work within this sector at Trafford having been spotted, i remember a story a couple of kids told me many yrs ago about kidd turning up on thier family knocker enquiring why little Johny had not turned up....suprisingly this was whilst kiddo was still 'playing' for Trafford and after the recruitment staff had already been to see the parents (johny went on the missing list). Looks to me like his down to earth local manner's been well clocked for many moons, i bet there's another story out there with regards to the Scholes, Nevilles etc..other than the one where whiskynose takes all the plaudits.

cleavers said:
Tourist since 1971 said:

Kidd is a top coach and I agree that he will be making a useful contribution. He won't have been kept on in that role for sentimental reasons (although I imagine that the club will show him some loyalty and keep him on until he retires); I think he is there, in part, because he is trusted by the powers that be. I do think that if he was not required for the first team, the club would have found him a role with the younger players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.