Brian Kidd - I'd love to hear his thoughts on proceedings

Tourist since 1971 said:
Don't take this wrong as I think he's a great bloke with the club's best interests at heart, but what does he actually do?
Calls the subs in from warming up and hands the fourth official a piece of paper with the sub details. A vital cog in the holistic wheel.

OB1 said:
I do think that if he was not required for the first team, the club would have found him a role with the younger players.
I agree, and there were plenty of useful roles he could have been offered (though he may not have accepted them of course), but he was kept on, in basically the number 2 role, and that says all we need to know about what the powers that be think of him.

another generation said:
Tourist since 1971 said:
Don't take this wrong as I think he's a great bloke with the club's best interests at heart, but what does he actually do?
Calls the subs in from warming up and hands the fourth official a piece of paper with the sub details. A vital cog in the holistic wheel.

He also hands the team sheet to the referee pre game, and supplies fruit pastels.

How odd that the next Manchester, local media supported football Knight, is being touted as Denis Law (Scottish) - ex City & ex nytid.

Brian Kidd (born & bred proud Mancunian) ex-nytid & current City no mention.

Yep, no agenda there then

Didsbury Dave said:
baildon blue said:
Leeds United hated Brian Kidd . I know he used to play for us . But he does have a dark side to him in being coach and player at Man United . I like Brian Kidd but I would love to ask him who do you like the most City or Man United ?

With a few exceptions, People who work In football don't have allegiances like you and I have. So I'm sure he has warm memories of his time at old Trafford but city are his employers and so are his club.
Sure to have good memories of them. Scored in the European Cup final on his 19th birthday, against Benfica and Eusebio.

That Kidd's been with us so long through so much inconsistency just proves his worth. Probably
knows more about football and has seen more than just about anybody has. Would love to buy
him a round and hear some stories.

Prestwich_Blue said:
I adore him as he was one of my favourite players of the mid-1970's era, he seems so passionate but completely down to earth. Be a good guy to have a pint with. Players respect someone who's been there and done it all like Kiddo so I imagine he's a big influence in the dressing room.

Could have said that myself.

Just read an interview with West Ham's Mark Noble on the Guardian, and just with reference to how Brian Kidd will regard City and United having been at both, I thought one quote was rather instructive, bearing in mind Noble is West Ham through and through: "But after year after year of playing it becomes normal and you tend not to think about it being your boyhood club. You come in and you're more professional and you think right, I've got to win, it's not about enjoying games or playing for your boyhood club any more. It's about winning games."

I love Kiddo...presented me with a medal at Ardwick sports centre for a five-a-side tournament in the late 70's and was a top bloke...and he scored this goal...dodgy times at Elland Road :(

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvHozghTQiI[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.