Brian Kidd was on the verge of becoming Man City manager, deal fell through at the last second

In case anyone missed it, he was on FaceTime with Fernandinho the other day (posted on the latter's Instagram story). Just thought it was incredible that they still find the time to catch up - says a lot about both men, imo.

The story I was told was this: Kidd verbally accepted the role and then was left to tell Ferguson. It went quiet for a few days and Lee rang Kidd and asked him if he’d told him. He replied that he hadn’t plucked up the courage yet. Lee was angry and said to him “well if that’s the case are you sure you are strong enough to be City manager?”. He put the phone down and decided that Lee was a bit of a prick and changed his mind.
To be fair franny did have point

The story I was told was this: Kidd verbally accepted the role and then was left to tell Ferguson. It went quiet for a few days and Lee rang Kidd and asked him if he’d told him. He replied that he hadn’t plucked up the courage yet. Lee was angry and said to him “well if that’s the case are you sure you are strong enough to be City manager?”. He put the phone down and decided that Lee was a bit of a prick and changed his mind.
I'm pretty sure I read this in the Blue Moon Rising book from Andy Buckley & Richard Burgess.

When Kidd was sacked from Blackburn a mate was his window cleaner

Kidd was staring out of his window looking lost

My mate knocked on the window and said, don’t worry the million pay off will make it alright

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.