Brian Kidd was on the verge of becoming Man City manager, deal fell through at the last second

The story I was told was this: Kidd verbally accepted the role and then was left to tell Ferguson. It went quiet for a few days and Lee rang Kidd and asked him if he’d told him. He replied that he hadn’t plucked up the courage yet. Lee was angry and said to him “well if that’s the case are you sure you are strong enough to be City manager?”. He put the phone down and decided that Lee was a bit of a prick and changed his mind.
The one I heard is that someone fairly junior blabbed to United, I think from the Solicitors handling the contract. Ferguson got wind and put a block on it.

Think yours is more plausible.

I know United fans who absolutely hate Kidd for coming to City. Maybe that he was heavily involved in our fantastic success in the past few years. Lol
How can anyone possibly hate Brian Kidd? Fantastic bloke and did the business for both clubs on and off the field. A rare beast indeed.

I’d buy him a pint, maybe even two.

Not seen Brian Kidd once at City in a match day since he left? Has anyone else?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.