Brian Kidd

I didn’t realise it was his birthday today, OK apologies for being the first one to mention it but he scored on his 19th birthday one of the goals that won the rags the trophy in 1968, how amazing would be for him to have done his bit to help city win it today? Add that he has been here since the beginning of the modern Manchester City revival. The man is THE true legend of both clubs, no one else comes close - Brian Kidd, Mr Manchester, a title greater than any knighthood. Remember that slur Alex.

If I remember correctly didnt he score on his birthday for the Rags in their win against Benfica. I think is was 1968 and he would have been 19.

Happy Birthday Kiddo.

edit, apologies @Mancity1980 - just read your post - great minds !

If I remember correctly didnt he score on his birthday for the Rags in their win against Benfica. I think is was 1968 and he would have been 19.

Happy Birthday Kiddo
The only time I met him I asked him about that goal, he just smiled and said "Ee, that were a long time ago." Nice fella. Many happy returns.

I just read that Brian grew with up and was mates with Stan Bowles. Now this was as @AliBobbyJ says above “a long time ago” but I remember the two of them going at each other in the centre circle at Maine Rd during a derby match. I was only a kid so I’m guessing it was somewhere between 1968 and 1970. I’m pretty sure they both got sent off.

Anyone else remember that ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.