Brian Marwood {merged}

Re: Brian Marwood

Owain said:
oakiecokie said:
Ask Hughsie and Gollum !!!!!!!!!!
Everton and Gollum hadn`t got a clue how Clubs now deal with transfers,having and still are,dealing in the 19th century world !!!
A manager determines with the Club,MCFC,who he would like and Marwood is then installed to act on behalf of MCFC and their manager (in this case Bobby Manc) to try and persuade to the Player and his Agents why its a good thing to transfer from "a" to "b" and discuss a fee with the Club in question.
This starts the ball rolling and when a fee has been agreed the Manger will talk to the said Player and tell him why it will help the Player.
That over,Marwood and Cook will then sit down with the player and his agent and throw £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££,s galore at them to make them "feel at home"
Simple !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a charming role he has. Well thanks all. You've persuaded me that he's a charming fellow after all. I retract everything I said, Brian. Would you like to go out for dinner one night this week? I'm awfully, awfully sorry. I had you all wrong.

Well start a silly thread and ......................................................

Owain said:
Cheesy said:
So, by your own admission you don't know what he does, yet you want him out of our club? Classic :-D

I think the point is: what's his remit? Is it control over transfers? Negotiating contracts? What?

If you don't know what he does in the first place, why do you want him out post-fucking-haste?

OP you really are a cock of the highest order and really sum up all that's starting to go wrong with our support

Pam said:
Owain said:
I think the point is: what's his remit? Is it control over transfers? Negotiating contracts? What?

If you don't know what he does in the first place, why do you want him out post-fucking-haste?

Alright, it was rhetorical. But surely there's something wrong with one man apparently having so much influence on transfer policy, not least a man who isn't the manager? Am I totally missing what's so great about Brian bloody Marwood?

Owain said:
Pam said:

Alright, it was rhetorical. But surely there's something wrong with one man apparently having so much influence on transfer policy, not least a man who isn't the manager? Am I totally missing what's so great about Brian bloody Marwood?

What are you basing this on?

Owain did Marwood touch you as a kid mate? You can tell me it's fine, it would explain a lot though........

Owain said:
oakiecokie said:
Ask Hughsie and Gollum !!!!!!!!!!
Everton and Gollum hadn`t got a clue how Clubs now deal with transfers,having and still are,dealing in the 19th century world !!!
A manager determines with the Club,MCFC,who he would like and Marwood is then installed to act on behalf of MCFC and their manager (in this case Bobby Manc) to try and persuade to the Player and his Agents why its a good thing to transfer from "a" to "b" and discuss a fee with the Club in question.
This starts the ball rolling and when a fee has been agreed the Manger will talk to the said Player and tell him why it will help the Player.
That over,Marwood and Cook will then sit down with the player and his agent and throw £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££,s galore at them to make them "feel at home"
Simple !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a charming role he has. Well thanks all. You've persuaded me that he's a charming fellow after all. I retract everything I said, Brian. Would you like to go out for dinner one night this week? I'm awfully, awfully sorry. I had you all wrong.

it takes a " big man " to accept he was wrong

Owain said:
Get out of our club, you nasty, oily little Gooner.

Does anyone else find it deeply troubling that this man has so much power over transfers? His role at City wants clarifying post-fucking-haste. What does a 'football administrator' do, exactly?

He doesn't have any power over transfers. Brian Marwood is the Manger for the Administration of football matters. Mancini is the manager of the team, Mancini makes all calls on the players. Marwood doesn't have a say in Transfers. What evidence do you have to suggest he does?

Danamy said:
Pearce_out said:
Marwood doesn't have a say in Transfers

I beg to differ but that's just my point of view

Point of view? so opinion then based on what?

I got an explaination directly off the club of what Marwoods role is and I will attempt to explain although it is a little complicated.

The club has been structured to reflect Barcelona's setup. They want to make it so there is consistency in the managment of the club rather than having a mass turnaround of staff everytime the manager leaves. This means they have broken the club down into divisions.

Those divisions are

Communications
Football Administration
Brand and Marketing
Commercial
Infrastructure
Finance and Administration

Each one of these departments has an executive leader who is an expert in that particular feild, Garry Cook is the Line manager of all of these people and Khaldoon heads the lot, so it is very corporate.

Brian Marwood happens to be in charge of Football Administration, this covers the administative side of everything that involves football matters.

Team affairs comes under this department however Mancini has full control of his squad, Brian only deals with signing his wishes off and the paperwork involved in that.

I hope that clears it up for you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.